San Mateo, CA
Tile is building the world’s largest real-time finding network. Our analytics team is growing to keep up with demand for our products and new partnerships. The team is looking for a Data Analyst who will be responsible for analyzing data, finding insights, and making recommendations to drive informed decision-making for Tile across Product, Marketing, and Customer Care organizations. This person will develop data pipelines, build reports, dashboards and presentations for key business reviews, build predictive models, and provide ad-hoc analysis to support Product, Marketing, and Customer Care teams. This is a great opportunity to join a small team and quickly have a big impact on the customer experience.
What you'll be doing
- Analyze large scale customer data including product usage data, customer relationship data, marketing data, and external data sources to uncover customer behavior patterns and develop strategies that enhance the customer experience; translate that work into actionable and measurable recommendations
- Collaborate with executives, product managers, marketing teams, engineering, and customer care teams to define and track KPIs that lead to measurable business outcomes, and enable those teams with underlying metrics and dashboards so they know when they are impacting the business
- Develop predictive models including but not limited to: churn prediction, forecasting, customer LTV modeling
- Help design and execute AB tests on mobile and the web, in close collaboration with product and/or marketing teams
- Create, automate and deliver reports and dashboards that provide insights into Tile’s customer lifecycle, partner products, subscriptions, and other programs
- Author data pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
- Own end-to-end data infrastructure and analysis, including but not limited to data collection, data processing, data analysis, and data visualization
- Excellent SQL skills and deep understanding of relational databases. Minimum 1 year experience in building data pipelines, and analyzing and visualizing data. At least 2 years of experience in an analyst role
- Experience in extracting and manipulating large datasets; managing ETL best practices and processes
- Great attention to detail and ability to synthesize, visualize, and communicate your ideas and insights to others
- Proven ability to leverage business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, or Mode, to build interactive dashboards
- History of working directly and closely with product managers or marketing managers
- Experience in big data environment (Presto/Hive/Spark); building predictive models in Python/R is a plus
- Great understanding of statistical analysis and experiment design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment in a rapidly changing industry
- Familiarity with web tools such as Google Analytics and AB testing tools such as Optimizely a plus
- Experience in hardware product analytics, ecommerce, or subscriptions a plus
- BS or MS degree from quantitative majors: Statistics, Math, Data Science, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Analytics or related field
- Own equity in the company - every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Daily breakfast and lunch along with company-wide events and outings
- On-site gym access
- Free parking
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
Tile is creating a world where everyone can find everything that matters. When you’ve lost something, getting it back safe and sound can feel impossible. But thanks to Tile, there’s a community of people out there helping that thing you love find its way back home.
With over 85% of the market share, Tile devices, network and mobile app work together to help people locate more than three million unique items every day. Our global community spans 230 countries and territories, and we’re expanding more every day. We’re headquartered in San Mateo, California, and our investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital and Khosla Ventures.
We believe that loss should be a thing of the past, and that lending a helping hand should be effortless. We’re not here to simply connect people to things. We’re here to connect people to people, because things don’t change the world. People do.
Together we find. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.