Senior Product Data Analyst
San Mateo, CA
About the Role
Help forge a data-driven organization and culture at Tile. Surface key information to business leaders to improve decision making. Actively recognize opportunities by conducting exploratory data analysis. Help Tile make effective decisions by answering challenging business intelligence questions and continually improving our information lifecycle. Strategically work across the organization to promote a data-driven focus to company initiatives.
- You have excellent communication skills and can work independently
- You are knowledgeable about statistics and have strong analytical skills
- You are stellar at writing queries, building reports, and visualizing information
- You have strong SQL skills (Python and R a plus!)
- You are knowledgeable about data visualization tools, like Tableau
- BS in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or Computer Science
- 2- 10 yrs overall experience, at least 2 years doing quantitative analysis.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with both our consumer and business products
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- The Product Data Scientist role has work across the following three areas:
- Product Operations
- Forecasting and setting product team goals
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Proposing what to build in the next roadmap
- Understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identifying new levers to help move key metrics
- Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems
- Influencing product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Communicating state of business, experiment results, etc to product teams
- Spreading best practices to analytics and product teams.
- Own equity in the company--every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Daily breakfast and lunch along with company-wide events and outings
- On-site gym access
- Free parking
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
Tile is creating a world where everyone can find everything that matters. When you’ve lost something, getting it back safe and sound can feel impossible. But thanks to Tile, there’s a community of people out there helping that thing you love find its way back home.
With over 85% of the market share, Tile devices, network and mobile app work together to help people locate more than three million unique items every day. Our global community spans 230 countries and territories, and we’re expanding more every day. We’re headquartered in San Mateo, California, and our investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital and Khosla Ventures.
We believe that loss should be a thing of the past, and that lending a helping hand should be effortless. We’re not here to simply connect people to things. We’re here to connect people to people, because things don’t change the world. People do.
Together we find. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.