Product Data Analyst / Sr. Product Data Analyst
San Mateo, CA
About the Role
Life's little inconveniences add up; The average person misplaces about 3,000 items a year and spends upwards of 60 hours each year trying to find them. We think that's going to change. We believe when everything has smart location, the world will be a simpler, and happier place. With More than 5M monthly active Tiles and more than 400k Tiles found monthly, Tile has made losing things less a hassle for a lot of people.
Tile is looking for a (Sr.) Product Data Analyst who will be responsible for analyzing data, finding insights, and drive informed decision-making for Tile. This person will develop data pipelines, own end to end data infrastructure, surface key information by providing analysis. At Tile, this person will support key functional aspects of our mobile app, hardware, premium, and platform.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our products.
- Work with product and other cross functional teams to solve problems by identifying trends and opportunities.
- Communicate data based insights and recommendations to influence Tile’s day-to-day product decision making and strategic direction.
- Define metrics and identify levers to help move the metrics.
- Design experiments in order to drive product/feature recommendations; monitor key metrics and understand the root cause of changes in the metrics.
- Author data pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework.
- Own end-to-end data infrastructure and analysis, including but not limited to data collection, data processing, data analysis, and data visualization.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (E.g. statistics, data science, operations research, industrial engineering, econometrics, computer science, applied mathematics) or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience in an analytical role.
- You have rockstar SQL skills.
- You have good python programming skills.
- Experience doing quantitative analysis; Knowledgeable about statistics and design of experiments.
- Experience in extracting and manipulating large datasets; managing ETL best practices and processes.
- Communicating the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner.
- Proven work experience with cross-functional teams.
- You are knowledgeable about data visualization tools, like Tableau.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 6+ years of experience in an analytical role.
- Prior product or cross functional experience in a tech company is a big plus.
- Prior experience with distributed computing environments like Hive and Spark.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
Our Tech Stack
- Hive, Presto, and Postgres
- Spark, AWS, Airflow, GitHub
- Tableau and Mode Analytics
- Optimizely and Google Analytics
- Own equity in the company--every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Daily breakfast and lunch along with company-wide events and outings
- On-site gym access
- Free parking
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
Tile is creating a world where everyone can find everything that matters. When you’ve lost something, getting it back safe and sound can feel impossible. But thanks to Tile, there’s a community of people out there helping that thing you love find its way back home.
With over 85% of the market share, Tile devices, network and mobile app work together to help people locate more than three million unique items every day. Our global community spans 230 countries and territories, and we’re expanding more every day. We’re headquartered in San Mateo, California, and our investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital and Khosla Ventures.
We believe that loss should be a thing of the past, and that lending a helping hand should be effortless. We’re not here to simply connect people to things. We’re here to connect people to people, because things don’t change the world. People do.
Together we find. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.