Principal iOS Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Our Mobile team is growing to keep up with demand for our products and new partnerships. The team is looking for Principal iOS developers to drive the evolution of the Tile iOS app. You’ll work closely with UX and UI, product management, and other teams to conceive, design, and create unique mobile capabilities.
As a key member of an elite team, you will own the technical planning and implementation of new iOS features and capabilities with code that’s rock solid and built to perform. Tile has ambitious plans to reinvent the way everyone experiences their local city, neighborhood, and community. Come be a part of the exciting 10 million (and growing) Tile device network!
- Drive technical architecture for our iOS application supporting millions of users
- Mentor and collaborate with members of our mobile and engineering teams to create and implement new features and improve existing functionality
- Bring a test-driven approach to our mobile team
- Become an expert on Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for iOS (if you are already a BLE expert, even better!)
- Design and update the Tile app unit tests for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Work with the Product Development team to help define the testing strategy and test plans for our product releases
- Solve difficult problems on developing platforms (e.g. BLE on iOS)
- Lead design walkthroughs
- Desire to work on various platforms including Mac and Apple Watch
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years of iOS development experience, 10+ years as an engineer
- Deep knowledge of iOS SDK and frameworks
- One or more deployed consumer iOS applications under your belt, with 100,000+ users
- Experience mentoring team members and taking the lead making technical decisions
- Expert Objective-C skills, with interest/experience in Swift moving forward (if you have migrated to Swift from Objective-C, that’s a big plus!)
- Strong intuition for UX and consumer behavior
- Experience working BLE is a big plus, desire to learn is a must
- Experience working with location or connectivity at the core of an application is a big plus
- Experience working with a mix of embedded, mobile and server tech is a big plus
- Own equity in the company--every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do.
- Daily breakfast and lunch along with company-wide events and outings.
- Shuttle service from SF, Easy Bay, and South Bay.
- Free parking.
- On-site gym access.
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction.
Tile is creating a world where everyone can find everything that matters. When you’ve lost something, getting it back safe and sound can feel impossible. But thanks to Tile, there’s a community of people out there helping that thing you love find its way back home.
With over 85% of the market share, Tile devices, network and mobile app work together to help people locate more than three million unique items every day. Our global community spans 230 countries and territories, and we’re expanding more every day. We’re headquartered in San Mateo, California, and our investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital and Khosla Ventures.
We believe that loss should be a thing of the past, and that lending a helping hand should be effortless. We’re not here to simply connect people to things. We’re here to connect people to people, because things don’t change the world. People do.
Together we find. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.