Timehop is looking for an experienced iOS engineer who loves building product and features for our millions of users. Our ideal candidate is skilled in Swift and passionate about building great user experiences.
As a Timehop iOS Engineer, you’ll be part of a small, wicked smart team with enormous opportunity to own, architect, test, and push the boundaries of the iOS platform in order to build the future of digital history (or as we say, “the future of the past”). We utilize functional reactive programming techniques (RxSwift) to build responsive and snappy user interfaces.
Every day, millions of users come back to Timehop to reminisce. Timehop pulls in all of your memories, from your camera roll, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Photos, Dropbox and Swarm to show people what they did and said on this day in history. We've successfully monetized our platform using advertising, and are seeking to expand that product internally and make it available to third-party publishers.
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Building and maintaining an iOS app so amazing that users open it everyday to time travel
- Pushing the boundaries on what the iOS platform can do to deliver an amazing user experience, from custom transitions, to performance tuning, to talking to our JSON API, to using sensors to create more memories for a user
- Working closely with our design, product, and backend engineering teams to constantly experiment, iterate on, and improve our iOS experience
- Passion for mobile apps and the iOS platform
- Experience writing Swift in production
- 3+ years iOS development experience
- Worked on multiple apps in the App Store
- Desire to learn and grow your skillset
- Familiarity, or a strong interest in learning, functional programming and functional reactive programming
Timehop created the digital nostalgia category and continues to be THE team reinventing reminiscing for the digital era. We have more "old" photos and content than ever before, yet most of the internet focuses on "new". Timehop has a massive untapped opportunity to build new ways of consuming, storytelling with, and finding meaning in our digital histories.
Our goal is to help billions of people around the world connect with their friends around the past. We collect your scattered digital history from the far corners of the internet – all of your past photos, status updates, tweets, checkins and posts. Then we add context and meaning so that you understand and appreciate your history better. Lastly, we help you tell great stories by making it easy to creatively share and talk about your history.
With our new Nimbus ad serving product - built from our own needs and for the needs of publishers - Timehop is a profitable company, with no plans to raise more VC. We control our own destiny and that future is bright. We're looking for talented people to join our team.
We look forward to hearing from you!