Timehop is looking for an experienced iOS engineer who loves building product and features for our millions of users. Our ideal candidate is skilled in Swift and passionate about building great user experiences.
As a Timehop iOS Engineer, you’ll be part of a small, wicked smart team with enormous opportunity to own, architect, test, and push the boundaries of the iOS platform in order to build the future of digital history (or as we say, “the future of the past”). We utilize functional reactive programming techniques (RxSwift) to build responsive and snappy user interfaces.
Everyday, millions of users come back to Timehop to reminisce. Timehop pulls in all of your memories, from your camera roll, Facebook, Twitter, Google Photos, and other services to show you what you did and said on this day in history.
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Building and maintaining an iOS app so amazing that users open it everyday to time travel
- Pushing the boundaries on what the iOS platform can do to deliver an amazing user experience, from custom transitions, to performance tuning, to talking to our JSON API, to using sensors to create more memories for a user
- Working closely with our design, product, and backend engineering teams to constantly experiment, iterate on, and improve our iOS experience
- Passion for mobile apps and the iOS platform
- Experience writing Swift in production
- 3+ years iOS development experience
- Worked on multiple apps in the App Store
- Desire to learn and grow your skillset
- Familiarity, or a strong interest in learning, functional programming and functional reactive programming
When you apply, please include a link to your github account, and give us a few lines about why you think you’re a great fit! Looking forward to hearing from you!