Timehop is reinventing reminiscing. As our first full-time sales hire, you'll bring Timehop’s ad offerings to your network of media agencies and aggressively close sales. You will work as the main contact for all Timehop ad clients & leads before, during, and after the ad sale. You will be responsible for closing the deals and maintaining customer satisfaction. You will serve as the liaison between tech, ad ops, and creative and provide excellent customer service to accounts.
This position is compensated by a mix of fixed salary and commissions and based in New York City.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Close sales, participate in inbound and outbound sales efforts
- Handle and perform dog and pony shows, and Timehop capabilities presentations to existing and potential clients
- Coordinate inbound RFP process with the help of AdOps, Engineering, and Creative needed for complete response to all inbound and proactive proposals
- Maintaining the best version of the Timehop sales creds deck
- Represent Timehop at various conferences, events, etc., in an endeavor to expand our network of potential clients
- Manage clients and lead campaigns once IO is in house.
- Work with AdOps to develop a list of deliverables, schedules and success metrics to ensure campaign goals are met
- Serve as the primary point person in client communication on pending and live campaigns, including kickoff calls, custom unit approvals, and periodic campaign optimizations
- Communicate and follow up with client and internal departments regarding live campaigns to address any concerns
- Assist production team in client communications on timelines, approvals, and deliverables and maintain internal process
- BS/BA in Advertising, Marketing, Business, or a related field
- 2-5 years in digital advertising sales, preferably from a publisher or platform with extensive selling into large media agencies. This is typically a media impressions-based sale process, not a social sale
- A solid rolodex of potential clients, with a focus on the large media agencies and/or entertainment clients
- Knowledgeable of the digital sales process and a background in media planning
- A passion for online media and journalism/storytelling
- Proficient in Google Docs and Keynote
Timehop is based in NYC and was founded in 2011 by Jonathan Wegener & Benny Wong around the mission of reinventing reminiscing. The world has more "old" photos and old content than ever before, yet most of the internet remains focused on "new" which presents Timehop a huge opportunity. Timehop is a top iPhone app in the United States with over 20 million registered users and over 200 million people seeing Timehop content daily. Timehop is backed by $14 million in funding from Shasta Ventures, Spark Capital, and OATV -- the same investors behind Twitter, Tumblr, Oculus, Medium, and more.