Every day, millions of users come back to Timehop to reminisce. Timehop pulls in all of your memories, from your camera roll, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Photos, Dropbox and Swarm to show people what they did and said on this day in history. We've successfully monetized our platform using advertising, and are seeking to expand that product internally and make it available to third-party publishers.
Timehop is looking for a full-time Backend Engineer to join the team and solve a wide range of technical problems, with a focus on our advertising platform "Nimbus". You'll be challenged to leverage your knowledge of Go/Golang to develop and maintain a highly concurrent and performant real-time header bidding application while maintaining high stability and reliability. Common tasks will include integrating third party Demand Site Platforms (DSPs) and Supply Side Platforms (SSPs) into the platform, debugging first and third-party OpenRTB requests and responses, and integrating revenue reporting APIs into internal systems.
Our system serves terabytes of data within milliseconds to millions of users. To achieve that, we've built a platform on Golang, MySQL, RDS, Redis, Kinesis, ElasticSearch among other technologies, all running on AWS.
You would be responsible for
- Building performant scalable solutions for a real-time header bidding advertising server application
- Collaborating with our iOS and Android teams for client-side support of new features
- Participating in sprint planning and product planning sessions to create features for our end users
- Planning and executing various new monetization features and integrations
- Working on adding monitoring and metrics to increase visibility into what is happening on our system
- Participating in code reviews to ensure high quality code
- Building tools internally to empower the rest of the company
- 4+ years of experience working on cloud-based distributed systems systems at large scale
- Expert knowledge of Go/Golang
- knowledge of Java, Scala, PHP, or some other dynamic language
- Good working knowledge of concurrent code
- Highly skilled at debugging and root-cause analysis
- Experience working with APIs (OAuth2, JSON, etc)
Bonus points for
- Experience in ad tech
- Familiar with mobile application development
- Active contributor to open source community
- Experience monitoring and debugging distributed systems
- Deploying apps to AWS
Some technologies we use
- MySQL & PostgreSQL
Timehop created the digital nostalgia category and continues to be THE team reinventing reminiscing for the digital era. We have more "old" photos and content than ever before, yet most of the internet focuses on "new". Timehop has a massive untapped opportunity to build new ways of consuming, storytelling with, and finding meaning in our digital histories.
Our goal is to help billions of people around the world connect with their friends around the past. We collect your scattered digital history from the far corners of the internet – all of your past photos, status updates, tweets, checkins and posts. Then we add context and meaning so that you understand and appreciate your history better. Lastly, we help you tell great stories by making it easy to creatively share and talk about your history.
With our new Nimbus ad serving product - built from our own needs and for the needs of publishers - Timehop is a profitable company, with no plans to raise more VC. We control our own destiny and that future is bright. We're looking for talented people to join our team.
We look forward to hearing from you!