Senior Portfolio Manager (Liverpool - Multiple Roles)
Investment Management – Investment Managers /
Perm, Full Time
The Titan Group is an active acquirer of asset managers in the UK and provides a broad range of services to Discretionary investment managers (DFM) and Investment Fund Advisers (IFA). We meet universal wealth and asset management needs by supporting the IFAs and DFMs we serve with innovative, quality and integrated solutions that drive efficiency into every part of the wealth management cycle.
Titan Wealth is a regulated wealth and asset management business bringing high quality execution and administration to this sector through leverage of the Group’s resources and technology.
Titan Wealth Group is looking for a number of Senior Portfolio Managers with ongoing growth of Titan Wealth and subsidiaries. Managing the investments of clients on a discretionary and advisory basis and to provide any other related services which fall within the Client Agreement. To be instrumental in introducing new funds under management into the business.
- To manage clients’ investments (including providing investment advice) to meet the clients’ investment objectives within the scope of their declared risk profile and in line with the firm’s Asset Allocation process and Outliers reporting and Client Suitability requirements.
- To represent the company to clients, potential clients and introducers of clients at the standard necessary to develop the business in accordance with strategic and financial objectives.
- To maintain the highest standards of compliance in keeping with the company’s obligations to clients, counterparties and the regulator. These standards will be the minimum provided by law but may be extended by company policy.
- To maintain good client relationships.
- To encourage a culture of compliance throughout the company.
- To reflect company policy in investment and service levels and to maintain all necessary records in the event of any material deviation.
- To manage (where appropriate) support staff in the delivery of their personal and team objectives and responsibilities.
- To develop own professional expertise through on the job training, formal training and, where appropriate, professional qualifications.
- To ensure that they familiarise themselves and abide by the company’s value statement and policy with regard to TCF (Treating Customers Fairly).
- To ensure that they familiarise themselves and abide by company policy on Client Data Security.
- To ensure that they are fully familiar with the firm’s Anti-Money Laundering staff handbook and with the Money Laundering regulations in general and that they ensure all regulations and procedures are complied with.
- To be fully familiar with the firm’s complaint handling procedures as set out in the firm’s handbook.
- To carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- To maintain compliance with the honesty and integrity, training and competence and financial soundness requirements of the FIT and Proper Test for Approved Person (FIT) and all Principles applying to approved persons in the Statements of Principle and Code of Practice for Approved Persons (APER).
- To follow the requirements of the Conduct of Business Rules, including:
- Accepting and classifying clients according to the Rules
- Knowing your client and regularly reviewing information held about each client
- Ensuring that advice given regarding investment products is suitable for the client
- Taking reasonable steps to ensure the client understands the nature of risks inherent in certain transactions
- Ensuring the fair treatment of any client conflicts of interest that arise
- Ensuring that transactions for clients are not entered into with excessive frequency
- Adhere to Consumer Duty outcomes
- 5+ years’ Investment Management, or equivalent, experience within an Asset Management firm.
- In-depth understanding of equity, fixed income, and alternative assets.
- Passionate about markets with a keen interest in financial theory and multi-asset investing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Proactive and well-organised individual with strong investment idea generation skills
- Able to demonstrate solid analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Is business-oriented and focuses on the customer.
- CFA / CAIA qualification is advantageous.
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by excellence. You will be able to demonstrate a willingness to embrace the Company values of:
Professionalism - how we treat our clients and colleagues
Trust - embrace innovation and adapt to change
Innovation - dare to create and don't fear failure
25 days annual leave + public holidays
A range of benefits which includes private medical insurance, Group life insurance, and income protection insurance
6% employer pension contribution
Further education and training support
Discretionary performance related bonus
Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
2 days per year for voluntary work
“Salary Extras” employee discounts
The Titan Wealth Group is firmly committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable environment for everyone who works with us, regardless of their race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, physical ability or disability, or political affiliation. We believe that having a diverse team allows us to create the best possible outcomes for our clients and team members. We strive to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of the workplace with respect to recruitment and career advancement, pay and benefits, training and development opportunities and other job-related activities.