Senior Full-Stack Developer
IT Development – IT Development /
Perm, Full Time
GPP a Titan Wealth Company
GPP is a multi-award-winning UK-based financial services firm that provides execution, structured products, clearing, and custody services to broker-dealers, wealth managers, family offices, and professional traders. Clients are able to access the global financial markets via GPP's multi-asset class trading platform, which provides trade execution, clearing, and custody services.
As part of the Titan Wealth group, GPP and Titan Wealth Solutions offer a compelling alternative platform to traditional administration models through its core deliverables of scalability, efficiency and innovation. As a full end-to-end investment lifecycle services platform, we are fully compliant with CASS 6 and 7 with client assets and cash held with BNY Mellon and Barclays Bank.
Our vision is to be the leading services provider for wealth management professionals by providing leading-edge, innovative solutions. As the technology team, we are committed to achieving this vision by driving innovation and excellence in what we deliver. We require creative, objective, and forward-thinking in order to develop our strengths and minimise our weaknesses while architecting scalable solutions.
Our values are:
- Professionalism; how we treat our clients and our colleagues
- Trust; embrace innovation and adapt to change
- Innovation; dare to create and don't fear failure
Learn more about GPP, Titan Wealth, and Titan Wealth Solutions:
Your role as a Full-Stack Developer at GPP
- Our full-stack developers welcome any chance to innovate and use their initiative, but they do so while implementing according to best practices producing tested, secure, reliable, and scalable software and solutions
- Work across the full-stack spectrum from crafting the frontend, building robust and scalable APIs, architecting the backend, delving into the depths of our databases, and everything in-between
- Proactively engage and work as part of a highly effective and collaborative team in order to understand requirements and develop efficient solutions that are simple, maintainable and easily extendable
- Develop a holistic understanding of our proprietary system, business processes and the technology involved. Proactively identify any shortcomings in understanding by facilitating the sharing of knowledge, ideas and insights amongst the team and contributing to our knowledge base
- Be mindful of the team's objectives and be supportive of the team's processes and activities. Proactively assess the current tech stack, implementations, solutions, strategies, and plans. Identifying and contributing to areas of improvement and growth for the team and how it could impact the broader tech team
- Be a pioneer, help drive our innovation and chart our course with iterative improvement. Proactively assess our current frameworks, strategies, and plans. Drive innovation and experimentation, identifying areas for improvement or new yet unexplored opportunities
- Adhere to Consumer Duty outcomes
- Solid foundational programming knowledge, patterns, principles and industry best practice
- Strongly experienced with relational database design and Microsoft SQL
- Experienced with .NET Standard Framework, .NET Core, and C#
- Experienced with REST APIs, JSON and the underlying protocols (HTTP/S, TCP/IP), and familiarity with CDN services
- Experienced with version control (Git) and a good understanding of branching and merging
- Experienced with Microsoft Azure and DevOps
- Experienced working as part of an Agile Scrum team
Why work for us?
- Flexible working environment with remote work as the focus, we use Workshop 17 at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town as a co-working location when face-to-face would be beneficial to the team.
- We believe in a healthy work/life balance, especially with the shift to a remote work focus. We encourage our team members to take time off, refocus, and reenergize and that a healthy separation from work can be maintained.
- We have an open, trusting, empowering, friendly and importantly informal and relaxed environment. Your ideas and experience could contribute to shaping how we work, what we work on and help us continually drive innovation and improvement.
- Competitive salary – we keep up with the latest market trends and strive to pay competitively.
- Competitive holiday leave – 20+ days’ annual leave (earn an extra day for every year worked, up to 3 extra days)
- Performance-related discretionary annual bonus.
- Retirement, Risk, and Medical-Aid contribution – we will contribute to a medical aid of your choosing.
- Training budget allowance for further study or attending conferences, including paid days off to study.
The Titan Wealth Group is firmly committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable environment for everyone who works with us, regardless of their race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, physical ability or disability, or political affiliation. We believe that having a diverse team allows us to create the best possible outcomes for our clients and team members. We strive to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of the workplace with respect to recruitment and career advancement, pay and benefits, training and development opportunities and other job-related activities