Senior Business Analyst
IT Development – IT Development /
Perm, Full Time
GPP a Titan Wealth Company
GPP is a multi-award-winning UK-based financial services firm that provides execution, structured products, clearing, and custody services to broker-dealers, wealth managers, family offices, and professional traders. Clients are able to access the global financial markets via GPP's multi-asset class trading platform, which provides trade execution, clearing, and custody services.
As part of the Titan Wealth group, GPP and Titan Wealth Solutions offer a compelling alternative platform to traditional administration models through its core deliverables of scalability, efficiency and innovation. As a full end-to-end investment lifecycle services platform, we are fully compliant with CASS 6 and 7 with client assets and cash held with BNY Mellon and Barclays Bank.
Our vision is to be the leading services provider for wealth management professionals by providing leading-edge, innovative solutions. As the technology team, we are committed to achieving this vision by driving innovation and excellence in what we deliver. We require creative, objective, and forward-thinking in order to develop our strengths and minimise our weaknesses while architecting scalable solutions.
Our values are:
- Professionalism; how we treat our clients and our colleagues
- Trust; embrace innovation and adapt to change
- Innovation; dare to create and don't fear failure
Learn more about GPP, Titan Wealth, and Titan Wealth Solutions:
- Technical analysis
- Data analysis
- Project management
- Business process design
- Product ownership
- Requirements elicitation
- Communication facilitation
- Adhere to Consumer Duty outcomes
- Take full ownership of changes from inception to delivery, ensuring deadlines and priorities are managed within the Scrum framework — whether projects span a year or more, or even smaller enhancements which may be completed in one sprint.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to propose new strategic and tactical enhancements that decrease risk and costs, increase revenue, and enhance user experiences.
- Communicate business requirements effectively, enabling the development team to craft quality solutions which benefit our users.
- Weave appropriate controls into all business and technical processes, managing risk and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Proactively remove project impediments and support the development team in delivering on time with good quality.
- Liaise between business stakeholders and the development team through meetings, calls, email, reports, and other media, ensuring the business stakeholders are always up to date.
- Extract, analyse and send data and insights to business users to assist with MI, regulatory and any other bespoke reporting needs using SQL and other data analysis tools.
- Grow into the subject matter expert on various functional areas within the business, documenting all relevant business process and ensuring knowledge sharing amongst peers.
- Provide second line support to business and assist with onward escalation to the technical team if necessary.
- Where appropriate, proactively offer technical and quality assurance analysis to the development team.
- Support ongoing business training to technical and support staff.
- Continually propose enhancements to SDLC.
- Where appropriate, proactively offer business process analysis and consulting to business stakeholders.
- Support the neatness and scalability of our tech solutions, relentlessly ensuring relevance for all functionality and routing out redundancy.
- 6+ years cumulative fintech experience across business analyst or product owner roles in the investments industry.
- Degree in IT or Finance.
- Sound knowledge of investment terminology.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL.
- Experience working with Microsoft BI.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly.
- High proficiency in MS Suite, especially MS Excel.
- Experience working in the Scrum project management methodology.
- Keen ability to self-organise in the face of time pressure and multiple projects.
- Team player with a willingness to “wear multiple hats” when needed.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and changing environment.
- Experience working within an offshore Investment or Wealth Management firm are a strong bonus.
The ideal candidate will have 5-8 years’ experience in one of the world's financial centers managing projects for an investment or wealth manager. This experience will be leveraged in South Africa to support our UK-based company.
Why work for us?
- Flexible working environment with remote work as the focus, we use Workshop 17 at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town as a co-working location when face-to-face would be beneficial to the team.
- We believe in a healthy work/life balance, especially with the shift to a remote work focus. We encourage our team members to take time off, refocus, and reenergize and that a healthy separation from work can be maintained.
- We have an open, trusting, empowering, friendly and importantly informal and relaxed environment. Your ideas and experience could contribute to shaping how we work, what we work on and help us continually drive innovation and improvement.
- Competitive salary – we keep up with the latest market trends and strive to pay competitively.
- Competitive holiday leave – 20+ days’ annual leave (earn an extra day for every year worked, up to 3 extra days)
- Performance-related discretionary annual bonus.
- Retirement, Risk, and Medical-Aid contribution – we will contribute to a medical aid of your choosing.
- Training budget allowance for further study or attending conferences, including paid days off to study.
The Titan Wealth Group is firmly committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable environment for everyone who works with us, regardless of their race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, physical ability or disability, or political affiliation. We believe that having a diverse team allows us to create the best possible outcomes for our clients and team members. We strive to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of the workplace with respect to recruitment and career advancement, pay and benefits, training and development opportunities and other job-related activities