Director of Sales and Business Development
San Francisco /
We are looking for a hands-on sales leader who is experienced and comfortable with the global software services industry. The ability to work with geographically distributed teams, international exposure, and technical chops from the experience of the product or technical roles will be a big plus.
In this role, you will drive the sales of software development services among various business types, from Fortune 500s to funded start-ups. New engagements range from $150K to $1.0M in size when they come in and always have the potential to grow to long-term sustained relationships. We are highly rated on Clutch, and the newest business is driven by inbound leads, existing customers, and referrals. This is not a prospecting job – this is about turning inbound leads into software consulting engagements.
To turn leads into engagements, you will be responsible for responding to, scoping, estimating, proposing, and closing new business [as well as helping with account growth from our existing client base where possible and appropriate]. While this role will focus on business in the Americas, you're expected to maintain strong relationships with our EU and APAC business teams to drive joint sales opportunities.
To succeed, you need to understand the basics of a range of open-source software and how it can be applied to digitalizing business and consumer processes and digital innovation ideas. For application development, we primarily work in Python or Node on the backend and use other front-end frameworks such as React or Angular and modern DevOps tools such as Docker, Ansible, etc. We also have a thriving software integrations business in partnership with SoftwareAG, Dell Boomi, etc. Experience and knowledge in agile development and using agile tools and processes are also needed.
Here's What You'll Be Doing:
- Cultivate inbound leads by maintaining our CRM, forecasting and pipeline tracking (our current tool of choice is Pipedrive)Manage and own the creation and execution of NDA’s, proposals, presentations, contracts (MSA’s and SOW’s), and other content to support the sales-to-engagement process.
- Scope and adequately identify the general shape and nature of a consulting engagement and software solution that will successfully meet client needs, in partnership with our digital practice leaders, product managers, technical architects, designers, and engineers.
- Create more business opportunities with existing clients. Our sales are mostly inbound: people come to us. And we grow by delivering on the expectations set during the sales process.
- Support our marketing team in the definition, planning, and execution of marketing efforts.
- Own manage and grow our new client pipeline with over $3-5M in deals in various stages
- 10+ years of technical consulting / digital solutions & services sales experience where you were responsible for closing $2-5M of net new deals a year.
- Experience managing an ad hoc sales process: meaning the ability to discover and document a client’s unique business environment, needs, technical capabilities, and budgets.
- Experience in sales of client services. Ideally, you’ve already worked in client services, especially software consulting, and know how to effectively pursue an engagement from initial contact through to delivery.
- Engagement, self-management, and motivation to win deals. While our current sales pipeline is solid, we want to improve both the quality and longevity of engagements.
- Enthusiasm for design and technology. We believe in design-led, product focussed, meticulously engineered solutions.
- Interest in marketing and sales automation. We believe inbound marketing and automation strategies (e.g. drip campaigns, automated email follow-ups…) are the new cold-calling.
- Travel as required to meet in person with prospective clients, team members and to attend marketing events such as conferences.
- Must live in the United States or Canada and be eligible to work in their country of residence, without limitation. US-based, remote candidates are considered as long as you are close to a major airport and are generally available to travel on short notice.
- Are curious. We’re constantly learning new things, challenging each other, and discussing things in the open. We adopt new tools often and aren’t afraid to change how we do things. We love that every day we get introduced to a discipline, profession, business, or whole industry that we never knew existed.
- Have the ability to participate in and lead high-level solution discovery sessions for clients and develop scope and solution approaches in collaboration with our design, technology, and product team members.
- Extremely capable of managing their calendar aggressively and efficiently, along with superior written / email communication skills.
- Any experience of P&L responsibility or credentials as an influencer and organizational leader will be helpful.
Even better if you :
- Work-from-home flexibility.
- In-office lunches, snacks, and drinks.
- Annual company offsite event.
- Personal innovation fund (education reimbursement).
- Opportunities for international travel.
- Comprehensive health benefits.
- Competitive salary and bonuses.
About Kellton Tech
Kellton Tech is a publicly listed, CMMI Level 5, and ISO 9001:2015 certified global company, providing cutting-edge digital transformation solutions and services in strategy, consulting, digital, and technology. With our service vision “Infinite Possibilities with Technology” and specialized digital transformation skills across all business functions, we work at the intersection of business and technology to deliver sustainable business value to our clients.
We have a global workforce of 1500 employees that work together with clients—startups, SMBs, and Fortune 500 businesses—to drive innovation and deliver on our promises to stakeholders.