Engineering / Project Management /
Essential job Responsibilities:
- Manages medium to large or multiple small customer facing projects
- Creation of a project schedule and plan with financial, resource and material requirements.
- Participates in the preparation of proposals and agreements.
- Oversees project staff including project engineers, vendors, partners and subcontractors.
- Manages the project from start to completion including the resolution of project issues.
- Accountable for the Project Budget
- Presents service business value to customers for new or existing business
- May manage internal projects/programs within Our client
- May manage ongoing optimization service to deployed customer network
- Maintains customer satisfaction score of 4.5 or higher
Related Business/ Technical Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
- Project Management experience in the deployment of leading edge technologies in a complex commercial environment.
- Has completed significant part of formal Project Management training program
- Has basic knowledge of routing, routing protocols, switching, internet and general network architecture.
- Has leadership skills and experience working with large project teams and strategic account teams.
- Has a working knowledge of the sales process including risk assessment and scoping
- Has a good understanding of the legal issues with contracts
- Has advanced negotiation and presentation skills
- Understands the organization, aims and processes
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA degree or equivalent plus 4-5 years related experience in networking / telecommunications industry
- OR min 4-5 years managing LAN and/or WAN network implementation and support PLUS 2-3 years in a Clearly defined Project Management role.
- Manages medium to large, or multiple small customer deployments with clearly define objectives.
- Projects utilize existing or new client technologies, multiple third party vendors and cross multiple functions, have high organization visibility and may include multiple locations or Regions.
- Manages multiple critical tasks in tight time frames
- Project plan and schedule creation.
- Service level contracts.
- Ability to balance multiple large and critical tasks.
- Advanced Negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- Major account experience.
- Partner services delivery model experience.
- Ability to work independently in remote customer sites.
- Service solutions sales skills.
- Ability when required to control multiple project managers in the delivery cycle
- Familiar with the organization goals, vision and processes
Preferred Skills / Qualifications
- Should have some formal project management qualification ideally PMP , PRINCE 2, ESi or equivalent or be studying for such a qualification