Backend Software Engineer - Python / Django (London)
We’re looking to add another key engineering team member to our office in London, to work closely with our clients and internal team members to deliver high-quality software products, features and updates. We work well with people who are smart, continuous learners and take professionalism seriously (while having fun).
Our team members know how to support one another while working hard to make clients happy. Because everyone is empowered at Tivix, new team members enjoy making a difference right away and progressing quickly in responsibility and ownership.
This is an on-site position with twice a week work from home flexibility.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Working closely with internal team members and client stakeholders to deliver high-quality software products, features, and/or updates.
- Helping to define features and implementation specifications based on business requirements.
- Developing high-quality software for back-end systems and APIs.
- Deploying software to cloud infrastructure and supporting DevOps.
- Fixing bugs, adding automated tests and improving usability.
- 1-2+ years experience with Python and Django (or Flask).
- Experience building out RESTful APIs for front-end clients to consume.
- Knowledge of modern front-end frameworks such as React, Polymer, Angular.
- Familiarity with modern DevOps tools such as Ansible, Docker, Terraform, Fabric, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience with a version control tool (we use git and GitHub).
- Experience working in an agile development environment and using agile tools.
- A desire to be in a fast-moving consulting environment.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience working at digital services firms or working with Django Rest Framework (DRF).
- Knowledge of a CSS preprocessor (LESS/Sass).
- You’ve built something cool on your own, because you enjoy doing what you do.
- Open source contributions - see ours at https://github.com/Tivix.
- University degree in Computer Science or related engineering field.
Notice: We’re not looking for a remote team member
Perks and Benefits:
- In-office lunches, snacks and drinks.
- Work-from-home flexibility.
- Annual company offsite event.
- Personal innovation fund (education reimbursement).
- Opportunities for domestic and international travel.
- Mobile reimbursement.
- Public transportation reimbursement.
- Comprehensive health benefits.
- Competitive salary and bonuses.
We're a software consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, NYC, Wrocław, and London. We are a growing 55+ team of engineers, designers and project managers working with a client roster of leading organizations from around the world. Our clients are a mix of new ventures, Fortune 500 brands, and innovative NGOs. Examples include Macerich, UNICEF, and WFP.
View our website for more details and case study examples.