Senior Backend Software Engineer (Python/Django)
We're a software consulting company, headquartered in San Francisco, and with other offices in Wrocław, New York, Portland and London. Our clients are a mix of venture-backed start-ups, Fortune 500 brands, and innovative NGOs. Examples include Macerich, UNICEF, and WFP. We’re looking to add another key engineering team member, based in Kraków, to work closely with our clients and internal team members to deliver high-quality software products, features and updates. We work well with people who are smart, continuous learners and take professionalism seriously (while having fun).
Our team members know how to support one another while working hard to make clients happy. Because everyone is empowered at Tivix, new team members enjoy making a difference right away and progressing quickly in responsibility and ownership.
This is an on-site position with twice a week work-from-home flexibility.
Would you like to join our rockstar team?
What You'll be doing:
- defining features and implementation specifications based on business requirements
- developing high-quality software for complex back-end systems and APIs
- developing back-end software solutions to deliver intuitive, fast, and fun web experiences
- identifying enhancements and modifications that improve product quality
- deploying software to cloud infrastructure and managing DevOps
- fixing bugs, adding automated tests and improving usability
- 5-7+ years of experience with Python
- 2-5+ years of experience with web frameworks such as Django, Flask, or similar
- Experience building out RESTful APIs for front-end clients to consume
- Knowledge of a minimum one modern front-end framework such as React, Polymer, Angular or Vue.js
- Familiarity with modern DevOps tools such as Ansible, Docker, Terraform, Fabric, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with a version control tool (we use git and GitHub)
- Experience working in an agile development environment and using agile tools
- Experience working with Django Rest Framework (DRF) or GraphQL
- Desire to be in a fast-moving consulting environment
- previous experience working at digital services firms or agencies
- experience working with Django Rest Framework (DRF)
- knowledge of a CSS preprocessor (LESS/Sass)
- you’ve built something cool on your own because you enjoy doing what you do
- open source contributions (ours at https://github.com/Tivix)
- university degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
Notice: We’re not looking for a remote team member
- offer in-office lunches (eg. sushi, Thai food, etc.) and the kitchen always full of snacks and drinks
- give you the newest MacBook Pro with accessories
- don’t mind when you sometimes work from home
- we care about your professional development and give you Personal Innovation Fund (education reimbursement)
- insure your life and healthcare about your fitness with Multisport
- organise a thrilling annual company offsite event
- offer you opportunities for international travel
- reimburse your mobile and public transportation expenses
- provide a modern office
- offer competitive salary and bonuses
- contribute to open source software
View our website for more details and case study examples.
If you're interested in applying for this job, we need also:
- a link to your GitHub profile (if any)
- your LinkedIn profile (if any)
Also, if you put the words "Lubię placki" in your cover letter, it will please us to know that you took the time to read this post and have good attention to detail.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!