Backend Software Engineer ( Python / Django )
Backend - Software Engineering /
Tivix is a business unit of Kellton, that focuses on digital product development. Kellton is a publicly listed CMMi Level 5 company that aims to be one of the fastest emerging IT services companies in India. The company today has a presence in the US, EMEA, and Asia. We have development centers in Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Europe, and the US. We have, at present, a major focus on Digital Transformation, Microsoft Technologies, Enterprise Consumer Mobile Application Solutions, and Open Source Solutions. We are also into the Internet of Things (IoT), ERP, Big Data, and Cloud computing.
Tivix is a team of 150+ engineers, designers, and product managers. We’re looking to add a key engineering team member to work closely with our clients and internal team members to deliver high-quality software products, features, and updates. We work well with smart people, are continuous learners, and take professionalism seriously (while having fun).
Our team members know how to support one another while working hard to make clients happy. Because everyone is empowered at Tivix, new team members enjoy making a difference immediately and progressing quickly in responsibility and ownership.
Would you like to join our rockstar team?
What You'll be doing:
- Defining features and implementation specifications based on business requirements
- Developing high-quality software for complex back-end systems and APIs
- Developing front-end software solutions to deliver intuitive, fast, and fun web experiences
- Identifying enhancements and modifications that improve product quality
- Deploying software to cloud infrastructure and managing DevOps
- Fixing bugs, adding automated tests and improving usability
- 5-7+ years of experience with Python
- 2-5+ years of experience with web frameworks such as Django, Flask, or similar
- Experience building out RESTful APIs for front-end clients to consume
- Knowledge of a minimum one modern front-end framework such as React, Polymer, Angular or Vue.js
- Familiarity with modern DevOps tools such as Ansible, Docker, Terraform, Fabric, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with a version control tool (we use git and GitHub)
- Experience working in an agile development environment and using agile tools
- Experience working with Django Rest Framework (DRF) or GraphQL
- Desire to be in a fast-moving consulting environment
- Previous experience working at digital services firms or agencies
- Knowledge of a CSS preprocessor (LESS/Sass)
- You’ve built something cool on your own because you enjoy doing what you do
- Open-source contributions (ours at https://github.com/Tivix)
- University degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Give you the newest MacBook Pro with accessories and best equipment / work setup to make you feel productive and empowered to do your best work
- We care about your professional development and give you Personal Innovation Fund (education reimbursement)
- Offer you opportunities for international travel
- Reimburse your mobile phone expenses
- Provide a modern office environment
- Offer competitive salary and bonuses
- Contribute to open source software
We're a software consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, NYC, Wrocław, and London. We are a growing 90+ team of engineers, designers, and project managers working with a client roster of leading organizations from around the world. Our clients are a mix of venture-backed start-ups, Fortune 500 brands, and innovative NGOs. Examples include Macerich, UNICEF, and WFP.
View our website for more details and case study examples.
Still not sure about applying to us?
If you're interested in applying for this job, we need three important things from you after you click the "Apply for this job" button below:
- a short cover letter (paragraph) describing why this seems like a good fit to you
- a link to your GitHub profile (if any)
- your LinkedIn profile (if any)
Also, if you put the words "Can't wait for Django 4.1!" in your cover letter, it will please us to know that you took the time to read this post and have good attention to detail.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!