Backend Software Engineer - Node.js/Express
Software Engineering /
We're a software consulting company with a 58-people office in Wrocław, headquartered in San Francisco, and with other offices in New York, Portland and London. Our team passion manifests itself in every client engagement. Our clients are a mix of new ventures, Fortune 500 brands, and innovative NGO's across a variety of sectors. We work with different technologies and there are a lot of opportunities to learn.
Would you like to join our rockstar team?
We do well with people who are smart, take professionalism seriously (but also know how to have fun) and who know how to support their team members while working hard to make clients happy.
View our website for more details and case study examples. Because everyone is empowered at Tivix, new team members enjoy making a difference right away and progressing quickly in responsibility and ownership.
Employment form: B2B, in Wrocław or remotely
Ideally, you have:
- 1-3 years' experience with Node.js
- 1-3 years' experience with Express web framework
- experience building out RESTful APIs for front-end clients to consume
- knowledge of modern front-end frameworks such as React, Polymer, Angular or Vue.js
- familiarity with modern DevOps tools such as Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc.
- experience with a version control tool (we use git and GitHub)
- experience working in an agile development environment and using agile tools
- desire to be in a fast-moving consulting environmentEnglish language communication skills, min. B2
Nice to Haves (these are good to have, but not required):
- Experience with Python/Django
- Experience working with Django Rest Framework (DRF) or GraphQL
- Knowing how to interact with databases (PostgreSQL, etc)
- Knowledge on TypeScriptKnowledge of a CSS preprocessor (LESS/Sass)
- You’ve built something cool on your own, because you enjoy doing what you do
- Open source contributions (ours at https://github.com/Tivix)
- offer competitive salary and annual bonus
- give you the newest MacBook Pro with accessories
- offer in-office lunches (eg. sushi, Thai food, etc.) and the kitchen always full of snacks and drinks
- don’t mind when you sometimes work from home - at present 100% remote work with the possibility of co-funding your internet connection
- care about your professional development (training)
- insure your life and health
- care about your fitness with Multisport
- organise a thrilling annual company offsite event
- offer you opportunities for international travel
- reimburse your public transportation expenses
- provide a modern office (incl. height-adjustable desks and chairs) and a free parking place
- contribute to open source software
Still not sure about applying to us?
If you're interested in this job, we need three important things from you after you click the "Apply for this job" button below:
- a short cover letter (paragraph) describing why this seems like a good fit to you
- a link to your GitHub profile (if any)
- your LinkedIn profile (if any)
Also, if you put the words "U mnie działa" in your cover letter, it will please us to know that you took the time to read this post and have good attention to detail.
Looking forward to hearing from you!