Backend Software Engineer - Python/Django
Software Engineering /
We're a software consulting company with a 58+ people office in Wrocław, headquartered in San Francisco, and with other offices in New York, Portland and London. We’re looking to add another key engineering team member to work closely with our clients and internal team members to deliver high-quality software products, features and updates.
Would you like to join our rockstar team?
We do well with people who are smart, take professionalism seriously (but also know how to have fun) and who know how to support their team members while working hard to make clients happy.
View our website for more details and case study examples. Because everyone is empowered at Tivix, new team members enjoy making a difference right away and progressing quickly in responsibility and ownership.
Employment form: B2B, in Wrocław or remotely
What you'll be doing:
- defining features and implementation specifications based on business requirements
- developing high-quality software for complex back-end systems and APIs
- developing back-end software solutions to deliver intuitive, fast, and fun web experiences
- identifying enhancements and modifications that improve product quality
- deploying software to cloud infrastructure and managing DevOps
- fixing bugs, adding automated tests and improving usability
Ideally, you have:
- 2-5+ years experience with Python
- 1-3+ years experience with web frameworks such as Django, Flask, Express, etc.
- experience building out RESTful APIs for front-end clients to consume
- knowledge of min. one modern front-end framework such as React, Polymer, Angular, Vue.js
- familiarity with modern DevOps tools such as Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc.
- experience with a version control tool (we use git and GitHub)
- experience working in an agile development environment and using agile tools
- desire to be in a fast-moving consulting environment
- previous experience working at digital services firms or agencies
- experience working with Django Rest Framework (DRF)
- knowledge of a CSS preprocessor (LESS/Sass)
- you’ve built something cool on your own because you enjoy doing what you do
- open source contributions (ours at https://github.com/Tivix)
- university degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- offer competitive salary and annual bonus
- give you the newest MacBook Pro with accessories
- offer in-office lunches (eg. sushi, Thai food, etc.) and the kitchen always full of snacks and drinks
- don’t mind when you sometimes work from home - at present 100% remote work with the possibility of co-funding your internet connection
- care about your professional development (training)
- insure your life and health
- care about your fitness with Multisport
- organise a thrilling annual company offsite event
- offer you opportunities for international travel
- reimburse your public transportation expenses
- provide a modern office (incl. height-adjustable desks and chairs) and a free parking place
- contribute to open source software
We're a software consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, NYC, Wrocław, and London. We are a growing 95+ team of engineers, designers and project managers working with a client roster of leading organizations from around the world. Our clients are a mix of venture-backed start-ups, Fortune 500 brands, and innovative NGOs. Examples include UNICEF and WFP (Peace Nobel Prize winner in 2020) .
View our website for more details and case study examples.
If you're interested in applying for this job, we need three important things from you after you click the "Apply for this job" button below:
- a short cover letter (paragraph) describing why this seems like a good fit to you
- a link to your GitHub profile (if any)
- your LinkedIn profile (if any)
Also, if you put the words "U mnie działa" in your cover letter, it will please us to know that you took the time to read this post and have good attention to detail.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!