Mid-Level Backend Software Engineer ( Python/Django )
Software Engineering /
We're a software consulting company with a 55+ people office in Wrocław, headquartered in San Francisco, and with other offices in New York, Portland and London. We’re looking to add another key engineering team member to work closely with our clients and internal team members to deliver high-quality software products, features and updates. We work well with people who are smart, continuous learners and take professionalism seriously (while having fun).
Our team members know how to support one another while working hard to make clients happy. Because everyone is empowered at Tivix, new team members enjoy making a difference right away and progressing quickly in responsibility and ownership.
This is an on-site position with work-from-home flexibility.
Would you like to join our rockstar team?
What you'll be doing:
- defining features and implementation specifications based on business requirements
- developing high-quality software for complex back-end systems and APIs
- developing back-end software solutions to deliver intuitive, fast, and fun web experiences
- identifying enhancements and modifications that improve product quality
- deploying software to cloud infrastructure and managing DevOps
- fixing bugs, adding automated tests and improving usability
Ideally, you have:
- 2-5+ years experience with Python
- 1-3+ years experience with web frameworks such as Django, Flask, Express, Rails etc.
- experience building out RESTful APIs for front-end clients to consume
- knowledge of min. one modern front-end framework such as React, Polymer, Angular
- familiarity with modern DevOps tools such as Ansible, Docker, Terraform, Fabric, Kubernetes, etc.
- experience with a version control tool (we use git and GitHub)
- experience working in an agile development environment and using agile tools
- desire to be in a fast-moving consulting environment
- previous experience working at digital services firms or agencies
- experience working with Django Rest Framework (DRF)
- knowledge of a CSS preprocessor (LESS/Sass)
- you’ve built something cool on your own because you enjoy doing what you do
- open source contributions (ours at https://github.com/Tivix)
- university degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
Notice: We’re not looking for a remote team member
- offer in-office lunches (eg. sushi, Thai food, etc.) and the kitchen always full of snacks and drinks
- give you the newest MacBook Pro with accessories
- don’t mind when you sometimes work from home
- we care about your professional development
- insure your life and health
- care about your fitness with Multisport
- organise a thrilling annual company offsite event
- offer you opportunities for international travel
- reimburse your mobile and public transportation expenses
- provide a modern office (incl. height-adjustable desks and chairs) and a free parking place
- offer competitive salary and bonuses
- contribute to open source software
We're a software consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland, NYC, Wrocław, and London. We are a growing 87+ team of engineers, designers and project managers working with a client roster of leading organizations from around the world. Our clients are a mix of venture-backed start-ups, Fortune 500 brands, and innovative NGOs. Examples include Macerich, UNICEF, and WFP.
View our website for more details and case study examples.
If you're interested in applying for this job, we need three important things from you after you click the "Apply for this job" button below:
- a short cover letter (paragraph) describing why this seems like a good fit to you
- a link to your GitHub profile (if any)
- your LinkedIn profile (if any)
Also, if you put the words "Lubię placki" in your cover letter, it will please us to know that you took the time to read this post and have good attention to detail.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!