Remote (US or Canada) /
Tivix is a software consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco working across the globe in Portland, NYC, Wrocław and London. We are a passionate and growing 90+ person team of engineers, designers and product/project managers working with a client roster of leading organizations from around the world. Our clients are a mix of new ventures, Fortune 500 brands, and innovative NGOs across a variety of sectors. Learn more about us here and see all our open roles on our careers page. We appreciate a good atmosphere at work and it gives us joy and satisfaction.
Currently we’re looking to add a key engineering team member to one of our US offices in SF, PDX, NYC or remote in the US or Canada, to work closely with our clients and internal team to deliver high-quality software products, features and updates. We do well with people who are smart, continuous learners and take professionalism seriously (while having fun).
Our team members know how to support one another while working hard to make clients happy. Because everyone is empowered at Tivix, new team members enjoy making a difference right away and progressing quickly in responsibility and ownership.
Would you like to join our amazing team?
We are looking for someone comfortable working closely with a large client as an individual contributor and part of a highly technical team of other engineers, technical architect and client stakeholders. To be successful in this role, you will have a high work ethic, be proactive and self-managing. You are able to pick things up quickly and are confident in using and knowing Linux.
Ideally, you have:
- Strong knowledge of Linux OS (we mainly use Ubuntu, but AWS Linux AMI also happens)
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing environments (mostly AWS, but GCP and Azure is welcome, too)
- Proficiency with Docker
- Experience with infrastructure and configuration management tools (we love Terraform and Ansible)
- Experience with orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployments (we mostly use GitHub Actions)
- Experience with at least one scripting language – Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash etc.
- Experience with a version control tool (we use git and GitHub)
- Experience working in an agile development environment and using agile tools
- Desire to be in a fast-moving consulting environment
It will be nice to see also:
- Database administration (backups, replication, sharding, etc.)
- Knowledge of a modern web framework (Django, Rails, etc.)
- You’ve built something cool on your own, because you enjoy doing what you do
- Open source contributions (ours at https://github.com/Tivix)
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
In return, we offer:
- The latest MacBook Pro with accessories
- Professional development (training)
- Opportunities for domestic and international travel.
- Mobile reimbursement.
- Comprehensive health benefits.
- Competitive salary and bonuses.
Looking forward to hearing from you!