Senior Professional Engineer, Mechanical
Minnesota - Saint Paul (HQ)
Facilities Engineering – Mechanical /
Full Time (40) /
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is looking for a Senior Professional Mechanical Engineer who has extensive experience designing and managing a variety of HVAC, plumbing, processing, and other mechanical system design projects for industrial and commercial facilities to join our Facilities Engineering team.
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a multi-disciplined team of Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, and Structural) and Architecture professionals to provide to provide an array of services for a diverse portfolio of multi-disciplined projects throughout the country including light and heavy industrial facilities, food and beverage facilities, and educational and commercial facilities.
As a Project Engineer, you will lead the mechanical design effort for complex plant/building systems, dust collection and industrial ventilation systems, chiller and boiler systems, and HVAC, piping, and plumbing systems. You will also prepare mechanical plans, specifications, design details and construction documentation. As a Project Manager, you will lead project teams for mechanical intense and multi-disciplined projects and be responsible for all technical, quality, financial, and safety aspects from conception through construction. In addition, you will have the opportunity to be a mentor and share your knowledge and professional experiences to further develop less experienced team members who will work alongside of you. Furthermore, under our “Seller-Doer” approach to business development, you will collaborate with the Mechanical Group Manager, Market Managers, and the Vice President of Facilities Engineering to further advance our services and enhance our reputation by contributing to the development of marketing plans, cultivating / maintaining relations with key stakeholders and client representatives, tracking prospective opportunities, developing proposals, and delivering capabilities presentations.
For this opportunity we are seeking a qualified professional who resides within 100 miles of our Saint Paul, MN or Downers Grove, IL locations and who has the ability to travel as needed based on assigned responsibilities. Flexible work arrangements will be considered for those who have demonstrated an ability to work successfully in a hybrid work environment by displaying self-motivation, initiative, teamwork, and strong communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in Mechanical Engineering.
- Fifteen (15)+ years of previous experience with an emphasis on the design of mechanical facility systems including HVAC, plumbing, and piping systems for various commercial and/or industrial facilities.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota or Illinois with an ability to obtain reciprocity registration within other states.
- Minimum of five years of progressive and successful experience managing multi-disciplined projects; strong working knowledge of the project development process including coordination with other disciplines during design and construction.
- Minimum of two years of business development experience demonstrated by a track record of securing new project opportunities.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when developing proposals, negotiating project contracts, preparing technical reports, leading project team meetings, delivering client presentations, and participating in client consultations.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced professionals with an emphasis on technical design standards, quality control, and/or project management practices.
- Prior experience providing and leading Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QAQC) reviews.
- Previous experience cross-selling multi-disciplined consulting services and contributing to the creation of annual business/market development plans.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.).
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record and flexibility to travel as needed (up to 20%) for team meetings, client consultations, site inspections/visits, construction management duties, etc.; Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Professional registration in additional states with a preference of Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, and Iowa.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit MEP, or Plant 3D.
- Previous experience working with energy modeling software such as Trane Trace, IES, or related.
- Previous experience with boiler and/or chiller system design for facilities.
- Previous experience with district heating and cooling, lab ventilation, or fire protection.
- Previous experience with the creation of air balance diagrams, process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams, equipment general arrangement drawings and piping / HVAC plan drawings.
- Previous experience designing systems for food production facilities.
- LEED certification.
Upon acceptance of a conditional offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to complete a standard pre-employment background screening, which consists of Social Security verification, educational verification, review of criminal convictions, and driving history.
*Notice to Recruiters and Placement Agencies*
TKDA will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or placement agencies unless a service agreement is in place. In the event TKDA receives an unsolicited resume without a service agreement in place, TKDA will not be obligated to pay a service fee of any amount nor will TKDA be held liable to terms or conditions under any agreement of any kind that has not been authorized in writing by a TKDA officer.