Technician, Mechanical Engineering
Minnesota - Duluth
Facilities Engineering – Mechanical /
Full Time (40) /
If you are looking for an opportunity to work alongside a team of highly collaborative mechanical engineering professionals where you can fully utilize and enhance your drafting skills to design HVAC, plumbing, and industrial systems such as process piping & ductwork, then we have an exciting and rewarding opportunity available for you to join our team as a Mechanical Technician in Duluth, MN!
As a member of our team, you will join a multi-disciplined group of engineering (mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural) and architecture professionals to deliver building and facility design for a diverse client base in our industrial, government, education, and mining markets. In this role, you will have the opportunity to assist with the drafting & design of mechanical system projects by preparing drawings through the utilization of design production software. In this position, you will also be responsible for performing basic mechanical calculations and completing redline revisions.
For this opportunity, we are seeking candidates to join our team from our St. Paul location. Hybrid schedules with flexible work arrangements will be strongly considered for self-starter and self-sufficient individuals who have demonstrated their ability to work and/or learn successfully in a remote work environment.
- Associate’s Degree or Certification in Mechanical System Design, Mechanical Drafting, Mechanical Engineering Technology, CAD Technology, or previous mechanical drafting experience.
- One to five years of mechanical drafting experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Previous experience with layout of ductwork and piping systems in a 3D environment.
- Previous experience with layout of industrial systems such as process piping and ductwork.
- Previous experience with mechanical design.
- Familiarity with process flow diagrams, process piping diagrams, and/or piping & instrumentation diagrams.
- Experience with Plant 3D and SolidWorks
Upon acceptance of a conditional offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to complete a standard pre-employment background screening, which consists of Social Security verification, educational verification, review of criminal convictions, and driving history.
*Notice to Recruiters and Placement Agencies*
TKDA will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or placement agencies unless a service agreement is in place. In the event TKDA receives an unsolicited resume without a service agreement in place, TKDA will not be obligated to pay a service fee of any amount nor will TKDA be held liable to terms or conditions under any agreement of any kind that has not been authorized in writing by a TKDA officer.