Professional Engineer, Structural
Minnesota - Saint Paul (HQ)
Facilities Engineering – Structural /
Full Time (40)
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team has an opportunity available for a Professional Structural Engineer who has extensive experience with the analysis and design of a wide range of facilities and other commercial and industrial structures to join our Facilities Engineering team!
As a member of our team, you will work alongside a multi-disciplined team of Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural) and Architecture professionals to deliver building and facility designs for industrial, government, education, and mining market clientele throughout Minnesota and across the country.
In addition to design, you will have the opportunity to develop your collaboration, project management, leadership, and client engagement abilities by working on multi-disciplined projects, mentoring less experienced engineering professionals, and getting involved with efforts to market services and develop business opportunities by cultivating and establishing client relationships and preparing proposals.
For this opportunity, we are seeking experienced professionals to join our team from our Saint Paul or Duluth location. Flexible work arrangements will be strongly considered for self-starter and self-sufficient professionals who have demonstrated their ability to work successfully in a remote work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota, with 5-10 years of previous experience designing buildings and building type structures, and preparing plans and specifications.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Strong working knowledge of steel, cast-in-place concrete, masonry, and precast concrete design.
- Extensive experience working in a team environment and coordinating structural designs with multi-discipline teams.
- Strong, effective verbal and written communication skills with project team members and clients.
- Proven ability to follow design standards and quality assurance procedures.
- Ability to travel up to 20% for team meetings, client consultations, site inspections, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage your technical knowledge to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced structural engineering professionals (ie. EIT, recent PE).
- Ability to effectively respond to and manage client communications and relationships.
- Previous business development experience, including preparation of proposals and fee estimates.
Upon acceptance of a conditional offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to complete a standard pre-employment background screening, which consists of Social Security verification, educational verification, review of criminal convictions, and driving history.
*Notice to Recruiters and Placement Agencies*
TKDA will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or placement agencies unless a service agreement is in place. In the event TKDA receives an unsolicited resume without a service agreement in place, TKDA will not be obligated to pay a service fee of any amount nor will TKDA be held liable to terms or conditions under any agreement of any kind that has not been authorized in writing by a TKDA officer.