Senior Professional Engineer, Civil/Municipal
Minnesota - Saint Paul (HQ)
Surface Transportation – Roadway & Utilities /
Full Time (40)
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and design professionals is looking for a Senior Professional Civil Engineer who has extensive experience designing and managing a variety of site design projects within the manufacturing / industrial, private development, renewable energy, education, and municipal / government sectors. As a member of our team, you will work alongside other Civil, Architectural, Electrical, Mechanical, and Structural professionals to provide civil design and management of multi-discipline projects.
In this position, you will be responsible for preliminary and final site design and project management for both public and private projects, including industrial, commercial development, utility infrastructure and facility design, stormwater management systems, and corporate and academic campus design. You will have the opportunity to become a mentor by sharing your knowledge and professional experiences to further develop less experienced team members who will work alongside of you. In addition, you will lead multi-disciplined teams of engineering and design professionals and be responsible for all technical, quality, financial, and safety aspects from conception through construction. Furthermore, under our “Seller-Doer” approach to business development, you will collaborate with the Civil Group Manager, Market Managers, and the Vice President of Facilities Engineering to further advance our services and enhance our reputation by contributing to the development of marketing plans, cultivating / maintaining relations with clients and agency representatives, tracking prospective opportunities, developing proposals, and delivering client presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota.
- Minimum of eight years of progressive technical design experience with site development projects including site layouts, roadway design, vehicular and/or pedestrian access, site grading, pollution control, and stormwater management.
- Minimum of five years of progressive and successful experience managing multi-disciplined projects; strong working knowledge of the project development process including coordination with other disciplines during design and construction.
- Minimum of two years of business development experience demonstrated by a track record of securing new project opportunities.
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills when developing proposals, negotiating project contracts, preparing technical reports, leading project team meetings, and delivering client presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop less experienced professionals with an emphasis on technical design standards, quality control, and/or project management practices.
- Provide and lead Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QAQC) reviews for civil projects.
- Previous experience cross-selling multi-disciplined consulting services and contributing to the creation of annual business/market development plans.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies, and knowledge of the permit application process with FEMA, DOT, DNR, and state / local government entities.
- Experience and understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D used to develop concept plans, grading plans, and site designs.
- Flexibility for limited overnight travel to conduct on-site consultations, participate in project meetings, or attend business development and industry events.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Professional registration in additional states with a preference of Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, and Iowa.
- Prior management and site design experience for private commercial / industrial developers.
- Prior management and site design experience for renewable energy (solar and/or wind) infrastructure and facilities.
Upon acceptance of a conditional offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to complete a standard pre-employment background screening, which consists of Social Security verification, educational verification, review of criminal convictions, and driving history.
*Notice to Recruiters and Placement Agencies*
TKDA will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or placement agencies unless a service agreement is in place. In the event TKDA receives an unsolicited resume without a service agreement in place, TKDA will not be obligated to pay a service fee of any amount nor will TKDA be held liable to terms or conditions under any agreement of any kind that has not been authorized in writing by a TKDA officer.