Software Engineer (Remote)
Durham, NC /
Full-time - Remote
Tumult Labs builds state-of-the-art privacy technology to enable the effective use of data while respecting the privacy of contributing individuals. Tumult Labs is a fast-growing, well-funded startup based on cutting-edge technology developed through the academic work of its co-founders. We are building a creative, dynamic, and diverse team that is committed to upholding privacy in systems powered by AI and data science. We strive to maintain a stimulating, collaborative work environment based on continuous learning, creative problem solving, appreciation of diverse views, and respect for the quality of life of our team members.
Our Software Engineers work with a small, dedicated team of scientists and engineers to develop and deploy advanced privacy tools. The ideal candidate will work from specifications to build or modify software applications, potentially participating in all phases of the product development lifecycle, from design and prototyping to execution and shipping. They will assist with coding, debugging, testing, and documentation of code. They will support deployment of applications in cloud computing environments and interaction with relational databases and/or Apache Spark.
Skills and Educational Level Needed for Success
1-3 years’ experience in software development or engineering roles is recommended. Key requirements include the following:
· BS or MS in Computer Science (or a closely related discipline) from a regionally accredited institution.
· The ability to learn continuously and work independently.
· A working knowledge of Python (especially common parts of the data science stack).
· Experience using Spark, SQL, and relational databases.
· Experience with back-end development technologies.
· The ability to communicate well and write good notes.
· An interest in data privacy and understanding of issues with data privacy.
· A working knowledge of one or more statistical programming languages (R, SAS, Stata).
· Experience with secure coding practices and secure systems development.
· Experience with web application development and front-end interface design.
· Experience using Unix/Linux.
We are working from home, remotely for time being, due to Covid-19.
Working at Tumult Labs
Full-time Tumult employees enjoy excellent benefits, including the following:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Flexibility of work schedule.
- 401(k) Plan
- Generous paid vacation and holiday policies.
- Competitive compensation, including equity.
Tumult Labs is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.