VP of Product (Remote)
Durham, NC /
Full-time - Remote
Tumult Labs builds state-of-the-art privacy technology to enable the effective use of data while respecting the privacy of contributing individuals. Tumult Labs is a fast-growing, well-funded startup based on cutting-edge technology developed through the academic work of its co-founders. We are building a creative, dynamic, and diverse team that is committed to upholding privacy in systems powered by AI and data science. We strive to maintain a stimulating, collaborative work environment based on continuous learning, creative problem solving, appreciation of diverse views, and respect for the quality of life of our team members.
We are seeking an experienced product leader to help us build our cutting-edge differential privacy analytics platform and drive best in class product strategy and delivery. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer / co-founder, this role will have critical responsibilities in defining, managing, and delivering high-quality new products and features with industry leading user experiences. The VP of Product will also be responsible for building a cross-functional product team which will work closely with our executive, sales, marketing, engineering and science teams. The right person for this role will be highly customer focused while possessing the ability to make difficult trade-offs, build consensus, and face issues head-on.
- Partner with our leadership team to crystalize a vision for a scalable product aligned with achieving our goal of enabling data sharing with mathematical privacy guarantees.
- Work with our many stakeholders - data stewards, data scientists, and privacy officers - and seek to understand both the delights and frustration of their product experience.
- Be responsible for delivering experiences that simplify private data sharing for data stewards and privacy officers and unlock the value for data scientists.
- Collaborate with our outstanding science and engineering teams to build necessary product features and design a world-class user experience.
- Help define and manage the go-to-market strategy to include planning for various sales channels, pricing and product implementation.
- Develop a SAAS migration strategy.
- Implement continuous feedback loops with customers and internal stakeholders to extract valuable insights that inform the product vision.
- Define KPIs and incorporate qualitative and quantitative insights into day-to-day decision-making and long-term strategy.
- Create the roadmap of MVPs and features, adaptively planning forward and managing the implementation and execution with our engineering team.
- Build, recruit, and train a world-class product team.
Skills Needed for Success
- 5+ years of product leadership experience preferably in enterprise software products.
- Demonstrated success with managing technical product life cycles or projects.
- Track record of pioneering cross-functional teams to successfully launch commercial products.
- Adept at working in an agile environment with talented engineering teams.
- Organized, results-motivated, and a dependable communicator.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and entrepreneurial spirit.
Preferred Skills and Educational Level
- Experience in privacy, cybersecurity or data science.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or a related technical field.
- Experience at a startup/high growth company.
- Experience with on-premises deployments.
- Success recruiting, supporting, and managing a talented product team.
- Experience with Python, Apache Spark, AWS, Gitlab CI, Docker.
- Experience building products that are data-intensive, scalable, cloud-native.
- Experience building products that provide interfaces for data analytics / BI, expose developer-facing interfaces such as RESTful APIs and/or client libraries (esp. Python).
Tumult Labs is headquartered in Durham, NC. However, this position is for a fully remote employee.
Working at Tumult Labs
Full-time Tumult employees enjoy excellent benefits, including the following:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Flexibility of work schedule.
- 401(k) Plan
- Generous paid vacation and holiday policies.
- Competitive compensation, including equity.
Tumult Labs is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.