Senior Software Engineer
Amherst, MA /
Tumult Labs builds state-of-the-art privacy technology to enable the effective use of data while respecting the privacy of contributing individuals. Tumult Labs is a fast-growing, well-funded startup based on cutting-edge technology developed through the academic work of its co-founders. We are building a creative, dynamic, and diverse team that is committed to upholding privacy in systems powered by AI and data science. We strive to maintain a stimulating, collaborative work environment based on continuous learning, creative problem solving, appreciation of diverse views, and respect for the quality of life of our team members.
You will work with a dedicated team of scientists and engineers to develop and deploy
advanced privacy tools. The ideal candidate will work from specifications to build or
modify software applications, potentially participating in all phases of the product
development lifecycle, from design and prototyping to execution and deployment.
They will assist with software architecture design and coding, as well as profiling,
debugging, and testing of code. They will support deployment of applications in cloud
computing environments and interaction with relational databases and/or Apache
Skills and Educational Level Needed for Success
Key requirements include the following:
● BS or MS in Computer Science (or a closely related discipline).
● 3+ years’ experience in software development or engineering roles.
● Experience with Python (especially common parts of the data science stack).
● Experience with Spark, SQL, and relational databases.
● The ability to learn continuously and work independently.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
● Experience leading or managing a team of junior developers.
● Experience with Agile software development.
● Experience with secure coding practices and secure systems development.
● Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or other cloud platforms.
● Experience with Unix/Linux.
We are working from home, remotely for time being, due to Covid-19.
Working at Tumult Labs
Full-time Tumult employees enjoy excellent benefits, including the following:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Flexibility of work schedule.
- 401(k) Plan
- Generous paid vacation and holiday policies.
- Competitive compensation, including equity.
Tumult Labs is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.