Scientist (Europe - Remote)
Europe - Remote /
Full-time - Remote
Tumult Labs builds state-of-the-art privacy technology to enable the effective use of data while ensuring the privacy of sensitive data elements. We are revolutionizing how government and corporate enterprises safely and securely analyze sensitive data. We are a fast-growing, well-funded startup based on cutting-edge technology with roots in award-winning academic research. We are building a creative, dynamic, and diverse team that is committed to upholding privacy in systems powered by AI and data science. We are passionate about the success of our customers and we strive to maintain a stimulating, collaborative work environment based on continuous learning, creative problem solving, appreciation of diverse views, and respect for the quality of life of our team members.
You will work with a small dedicated team of scientists and engineers to develop and deploy advanced privacy tools. The ideal candidate will help to design algorithmic privacy solutions, develop product specifications, develop prototypes, and measure the properties of privacy solutions empirically and/or theoretically. Scientists will also work with clients, formulate concrete problem statements from requirements, and document privacy solutions.
Required skills and qualifications:
- A PhD in Computer Science (or a closely related discipline) along with the ability to learn continuously and work independently.
- A strong research background, related to Differential Privacy, Data science, Optimization and/or Machine Learning.
- Experience with Python (especially common elements of the data science stack).
- Fluent in English (written & spoken).
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Publications in peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Experience with Spark, SQL, and relational databases
- Experience with one or more statistical programming languages (R, SAS, Stata)
- Experience with secure coding practices and secure systems development
- Experience with Unix/Linux
Tumult Labs is headquartered in Durham, North Carolina, United States. However, this position is for a fully remote employee who is located within Europe.
Benefits & Perks:
Our team is remote with a majority of us in the Eastern Time zone. Full-time Tumult Labs employees enjoy excellent benefits, including the following:
- Flexibility of work schedule.
- Generous paid vacation and holiday policies.
- Competitive compensation, including equity.
Tumult Labs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Notice to Third-Party Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Tumult Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms. To conduct business with Tumult Labs, a Master Services Agreement (MSA) must be executed and confirmed prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. Without a signed MSA, Tumult Labs shall not be responsible to any individual or entity for any payment relating to any form of fee or compensation.
And, in the event that a resume or candidate is submitted by a recruiter, an employment agency, or a staffing firm without a fully executed MSA, Tumult Labs has the unrestricted right to pursue and hire any of those candidate(s) without any legal or financial responsibility to the recruiter, agency, and/or firm.