Software Engineer (Europe - Remote)
Europe - Remote /
Full-time - Remote
Tumult Labs builds state-of-the-art privacy technology to enable the effective use of data while ensuring the privacy of sensitive data elements. We are revolutionizing how government and corporate enterprises safely and securely analyze sensitive data. We are a fast-growing, well-funded startup based on cutting-edge technology with roots in award-winning academic research. We are building a creative, dynamic, and diverse team that is committed to upholding privacy in systems powered by AI and data science. We are passionate about the success of our customers and we strive to maintain a stimulating, collaborative work environment based on continuous learning, creative problem solving, appreciation of diverse views, and respect for the quality of life of our team members.
Our Software Engineers work with a small, dedicated team of scientists and engineers to develop and deploy advanced privacy tools. The ideal candidate will work from specifications to build or modify software applications, potentially participating in all phases of the product development lifecycle, from design and prototyping to execution and shipping. They will assist with coding, debugging, testing, and documentation of code. They will support deployment of applications in cloud computing environments and interaction with relational databases and/or Apache Spark.
Skills and Educational Level Needed for Success:
1-3 years’ experience in software development or software engineering roles is recommended. Key requirements include the following:
· BS or MS in Computer Science (or a closely related discipline) from an accredited institution.
· The ability to learn continuously and work independently.
· A working knowledge of Python (especially common parts of the data science stack).
· Experience using Spark, SQL, and relational databases.
· Experience with back-end development technologies.
· The ability to communicate well and write good notes.
· An interest in data privacy and understanding of issues with data privacy.
· A working knowledge of one or more statistical programming languages (R, SAS, Stata).
· Experience with secure coding practices and secure systems development.
· Experience with web application development and front-end interface design.
· Experience using Unix/Linux.
· Fluent in English (written & spoken).
Tumult Labs is headquartered in Durham, North Carolina, United States. However, this position is for a fully remote employee who is located within Europe.
Benefits & Perks:
Our team is remote with a majority of us in the Eastern Time zone. Full-time Tumult Labs employees enjoy excellent benefits, including the following:
- Flexibility of work schedule.
- Generous paid vacation and holiday policies.
- Competitive compensation, including equity.
Tumult Labs is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Notice to Third-Party Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Tumult Labs does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms. To conduct business with Tumult Labs, a Master Services Agreement (MSA) must be executed and confirmed prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. Without a signed MSA, Tumult Labs shall not be responsible to any individual or entity for any payment relating to any form of fee or compensation.
And, in the event that a resume or candidate is submitted by a recruiter, an employment agency, or a staffing firm without a fully executed MSA, Tumult Labs has the unrestricted right to pursue and hire any of those candidate(s) without any legal or financial responsibility to the recruiter, agency, and/or firm.