Software Engineer - London Support
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK OR GERMANY WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP.
Token allows banks and other players in the payments’ ecosystem, such as merchants and payment processors, to build bank direct payment methods and data aggregation solutions for their customers. The platform raises security and reduces fraud and disintermediation. Unlike in-house developed solutions, Token supports the same API across all banks.Token.IO Ltd is authorised as an AISP and as a PISP by the FCA in the UK.
Token’s team combines years of highly successful execution and innovation in the technology, banking and security sectors. The Token team comes from top companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft, Visa, Barclays, ACI Worldwide, HSBC, Twitter, and Square.
We are looking for wickedly smart entrepreneurial professionals who love technology and who live to innovate and deliver disruptive technologies into the market and truly customer-centred thinking with a passion to deliver the best possible service standards to customers and hunger to bring change to the banking world.
- Closely work with an assigned group of account, project and sales representatives to provide world-class technical delivery and customer support.
- Understand how the Token technology works and be able to troubleshoot issues.
- Respond to customer needs for help and support, whether as part of pre-live implementation or post-live support efforts.
- Work collaboratively with the Engineering and Product teams to help design and enhance customer support and reporting solutions.
- Help to identify opportunities that deliver business value for customers.
- Identify and communicate both the technical and business requirements that drive opportunities for product improvement or enhancement.
- Provide project scoping as part of the delivery process including internal reviews with Product Management as well as external delivery and service reviews with prospects.
- Manage accounts through providing reference implementations and on-going support efforts.
- Review and enhance existing documentation based on customer input.
- Uphold all company security policies and procedures defined in the Employee handbook and report to the relevant individual Line Manager, Information Security Manager or a Head of Risk, Security, and Compliance, where you believe there is a security risk or non-compliance to policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Token data protection procedures and confidentiality agreements.
Skills and experience - must haves
- Substantive experience in a technical support or implementation role working within Fintech (Financial Technology), software or banking businesses.
- Substantive experience with programming languages, specifically Java.
- Ability to develop reference implementations based on core APIs or SDKs.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting, monitoring and logging tools
- Strong work ethics and desire to succeed, tenacity, passion, persistence and integrity are all strongly desired character traits.
- Ability and willingness to work with remote teams, particularly with our Engineering team in San Francisco.
- Highly professional approach and great communication skills with an ability to think on your feet.
- Highly collaborative people who understand and value the power of working together as a team.
- Demonstrated acute thought leadership.
- Intellectual honesty and transparency.
- Passion for understanding our market, product and technology.
- Willing to travel.
Skills and experience - will ideally have:
- gRPC / Protocol Buffers
- Java, JS, SDK's, REST
- Scripting BASH, Postman
- Degree in Computer Science