Software Engineer - Level II Support
London or Remote UK/Germany /
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK OR GERMANY WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP.
Token allows banks and other players in the payments’ ecosystem, such as merchants and payment processors, to build bank direct payment methods and data aggregation solutions for their customers. The platform raises security and reduces fraud and disintermediation. Unlike in-house developed solutions, Token supports the same API across all banks.Token.IO Ltd is authorised as an AISP and as a PISP by the FCA in the UK. Token’s team combines years of highly successful execution and innovation in the technology, banking and security sectors. The Token team comes from top companies like Google, Apple, Microsoft, Visa, Barclays, ACI Worldwide, HSBC, Twitter, and Square.We are looking for wickedly smart entrepreneurial professionals who love technology and who live to innovate and deliver disruptive technologies into the market and truly customer-centred thinking with a passion to deliver the best possible service standards to customers and hunger to bring change to the banking world.
What you will get to do
- Your contributions will be essential as you work closely with the sales and engineering team.
- You'll get to travel internationally and work closely with our US and European teams.
- You're building new products, tackling problems that have never been solved before.
- Understand how the Token technology works and be able to troubleshoot issues.
- Respond to customer needs for help and support, whether as part of pre-live implementation or post-live support efforts.
- Help to identify opportunities that deliver business value for customers.
- dentify and communicate both the technical and business requirements that drive opportunities for product improvement or enhancement.
What you will need to be successful
- BS degree in CS or relevant experience
- 3+ yrs. of development experience
- Strong cryptography knowledge is a plus
- Working experience in distributed backend systems and API design
- These are the technologies we use - Java, gRPC, Protobufs, RxJava, JOOQ, Dagger2, Gradle, Kubernetes, SQL, and if you know any of them, it's a plus!
- Substantive experience in a technical support or implementation role working within Fintech (Financial Technology), software or banking businesses.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting, monitoring and logging tools
- Ability and willingness to work with remote teams, particularly with our Engineering team in San Francisco.
- Highly professional approach and great communication skills with an ability to think on your feet.
- Passion for understanding our market, product and technology.
About our culture
- We foster a culture of transparency, buckets of opportunity to be exposed to and learn new technologies. Our Leadership Team takes pride in developing our engineer's careers and giving them the freedom to express their ideas.
- We look for wickedly smart Software Engineers who strive for excellence, are highly collaborative, and want to impact a disruptive growing Fintech market. Unlike other companies, we believe technologies can be learned, but the entrepreneurial spirit, a mind for innovation, and drive to deliver is innate.