Berlin or Remote Germany
As a Frontend Engineer at Token.io, you will specialise in building responsive and elegant web applications that scale to millions of users. We believe that User Experience should be at the core of rethinking how payments are done worldwide. You will work closely with the other Frontend Engineers, UX Design and the Product team to create next-generation technologies that will change how people and financial institutions exchange value.
What you will do day-2-day
- Design, build and write tests for frontend features
- Work with our talented team of engineers to deliver top quality on challenging projects that delight customers and business stakeholders
- Work closely with the Tech lead to establish UI development standards & architecture reviews
- Work in an environment where we move quickly, are always learning, and enjoy a challenge
- Work in a cross-functional agile team to build new features our customers will love, adopt and use while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable
- Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes
- Present your designs to internal/external groups and review the designs of others
- Participate in scrum activities to drive features to delivery
- Review code, written by others, and suggest improvements where necessary
- Participate in key technical decisions and work closely with the whole team to create an intuitive and reliable user experience in our platform product
We’d like to hear from candidates who have:
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- Experience with ReactJS and Hooks
- Good experience of state management in react
- Experience with SSR and CSR
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Proficiency in End-to-End (E2E) testing using tools such as Playwright, Cucumber, or other E2E testing frameworks
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Passion for programming, willingness to learn and to try new things
- Understanding of Mobile Responsiveness, cross-browser compatible web design concepts
- Good understanding of OOP and/or functional programming
- Experience in TDD/BDD and continuous integration
- Taken care of software quality in regard to Clean Code principles like YAGNI, KISS, SOLID, etc
- Familiarity with linting and code formatting tools (ESLint, Prettier, EditorConfig etc)Experience with module bundlers (e.g. webpack)
- Good knowledge of version control tools, especially Git
Its also useful if you have:
- Experience in mobile app development, both Android and iOS native applications
- Experience in distributed systems and cache mechanisms.
- Experience with Firebase is desired
- Experience in building payment applications
- Experience with Web performance audits and optimisations
- Understanding of important performance metrics and performance enhancement techniques
- Helped developers in their growth by guiding them with their technical challenges
- A preference around working to best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Open to all
Token is building an open future for everyone.
We don’t just accept different points of view, lived experiences and new ways of thinking — we search them out.
They help us make better products, better decisions, and a better place for everyone to work.
So, come as you are.
We acknowledge and embrace different backgrounds, identities and abilities.
Respect is our default, and empathy is our baseline. No one succeeds until we all do.