Senior Data and Machine Learning Engineer
Diary of a Made Man
We are looking for a Senior Data and Machine Learning Engineer in a Remote Contract Role.
This engineer will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing machine learning, and building high quality machine learning systems integrated with our products.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Skills and Qualifications
- Masters of Science in Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency with TensorFlow, Deep Learning, and Reinforced Learning
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
Diary of a Made Man is the social media platform of Ian Balina. Ian Balina is a Blockchain Investor, Advisor, and Evangelist. He has built three million-dollar businesses from the ground up, and appeared in The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, CNBC, Huffington Post, The Street, INC and Entrepreneur Magazine for his work in analytics, cryptocurrencies, and entrepreneurship. A former Analytics Evangelist at IBM, Ian has brought a data-driven, “money-ball” approach to investing in blockchain startups, called “Token Metrics”. Ian is a founder and General Partner at 100X Advisors a blockchain investment and advisory firm. Last year 100X Advisors traveled to over 35 countries evangelizing blockchain while investing in 15 different blockchain startups in 15 different countries. Originally from humble means, Ian is dedicated to giving back through his philanthropic efforts with Children of Uganda and Black Girls Code.
TODAY Show (Australia) – Ian Balina Discusses Bitcoin on the TODAY Show on Australian TV
CNBC – Ian Balina on CNBC Crypto Trader Discussing ICOs and Token Metrics
CNBC - Ian Balina at International Blockchain Congress https://ianbalina.com/pages/press
Forbes - No More Hype: Time To Separate Crypto From Blockchain Technology
Thrive - How A Native Ugandan Built A Crypto Empire and is Now Helping Other Marginalized Groups Succeed
BlockTelegraph - This 30 Year Old Crypto Millionaire Is Teaching Marginalized Groups About Tech
Et Al - Ian Balina Can’t Show You the Path to Wealth. He Says You Have to Create Your Own.