United States / Canada
Engineering – Engineering /
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because it increases adoption.
Organizations that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation environment - the companies compliantly navigate a changing regulatory landscape, or better yet, facilitate it, will be some of the most relevant organizations of the future. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious and early real-world use case of any token, regardless of what else the token can do. All tokens can be used to compensate workers - and in fact, are! Toku ensures that all token compensation is managed legally, and proper taxes are paid. This is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more, check our website.
About the role
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you'll be responsible for execution, both technically and culturally. You’ll be working on high-impact, user-facing products. Your work will be the first thing users see.
Toku has ambitious roadmaps. We are building state-of-the-art token compensation infrastructure that bridges to the real world. You will be achieving technical goals, coordinating with the founders, and will be shipping code every day.
- Work closely with the sales and product team on decisions and strategy. We expect a collaborative partner who wants to find solutions
- Uphold best practices around code quality, strong typing, and API design
- Establish best practices, ensuring that systems and processes are well documented to ensure the scalability of the engineering team
- Identify opportunities to improve existing practices and uphold Toku’s high technical quality bar
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering at a venture-backed startup
- Ability to write quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced, agile software engineering environment
- Pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- The ability to stitch together many different services and processes together even if they have not worked with them before
- You know what high-quality code and software engineering processes look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them
- You have an interest or experience in working in a fast-paced remote-first startup
- You’re scrappy and want to roll your sleeves up
- Have built front-end and back-end systems, written the first lines of code, launched and scaled a product to a high level of impact
- You have exceptional teamwork, analytical/problem-solving, project management, and communication skills
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!
- North America Time Zone
Benefits & Compensation
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Apple laptop
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.