Director of Product Management - Platform
Seattle, WA or Austin, TX /
Tomo’s mission is to bring omotenashi to the home buying experience.
Learn from our co-founders about what it's like to work at Tomo.
Omotenashi is a Japanese principle of hospitality. It involves anticipating the customer’s needs and striving to meet them before the customer is even aware that they exist. It holds that service is a noble profession and that we should take pride in delivering it. As such, we strive to provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience to our customers, where we go to great lengths to ensure that every detail is memorable.
As a Director of Product Management at Tomo, you'll bring significant product launch experience, grit and creativity to conceive of and pioneer novel new solutions to complex problems. Your passion for creating products that delight is evident. You demonstrate strong management experience, attention to craft, and ability to define and deliver on a compelling vision that drives business outcomes. You will foster cross-functional and cross-team collaboration and consistency by working closely with product design, engineering, research, data science, GTM, and executive leadership to articulate a strategy, navigate competing priorities, and build a best-in-class experience in a fast-paced, agile environment. And, you’ll push the envelope on what tomorrow’s experiences will be for millions of home buyers. In this role, you'll report into the SVP, Product at Tomo. Please note: We are aiming for this role to be in our Seattle office 3 days per week but are open to remote, please indicate your preference in the application questions.
What you'll do
- Set a compelling vision and strategy for your product area and change the industry
- Deliver a best-in-class consumer experience that delivers on our mission to fundamentally improve the mortgage and home buying experience
- Use quantitative and qualitative insights to make strong prioritization decisions that materially grow the businesses
- Look around corners to spot opportunities for innovation and place bets that will inflect growth
- Work closely with our users, research, and customer success to deeply understand and address user needs
What we're looking for
- 7-10+ years building products that generate significant user and business impact
- A demonstrated ability to craft beautiful consumer products that make complexity simple
- 0-1 product development experience
- To be a strategic product thinker with a track record of identifying new opportunities in a changing technical and market landscape
- A strong track record of making good, hard decisions in ambiguity
- A well demonstrated ability to ruthlessly prioritize and build processes that scale
- To models contagious optimism, motivating everyone inside and outside of your team to achieve ambitious outcomes
- The ability to thrive in an fast-paced, scaling, iterative product development culture
- To be motivated by intellectual challenges and a competitive drive to win in the market
- Experience building and managing a team of product managers
We embrace the philosophy of Omotenashi so we strive to anticipate your needs in order for you to be a healthy, motivated and happy team member. We provide a variety of competitive benefits including (but not limited to):
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans for you and your dependents with some plans covered 100% by Tomo
- Work-life balance and a generous paid time off policy.
- In order to support teammates who become parents, Tomo provides paid parental leave.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan