VP, Logistics and Field Operations
San Francisco, CA /
Logistics & Field Operations /
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for an experienced leader to scale and oversee the inbound transportation, warehousing, delivery and installation of Tonal systems into our customers homes. You will be responsible for an end-to-end supply chain from pick up at our suppliers in Asia through to installation as well as follow-on service and repair. In addition, you and your team represent the Tonal organization and brand when face-to-face with our members in their homes and offices--this is a critical operational and brand experience role within the company. We rely on a portfolio of partners and employees to deliver installation and repair services in a timely, high quality and cost effective manner. You will be responsible for leading a network of providers, upgrading processes and staff in order to reduce costs and improve the member experience, all while meeting the needs of a rapidly growing business.
What You Will Do
- Own the supply chain from receipt at the warehouse through to the completed installation
- Own the in-home member experience in both operational and strategic forms, representing the Tonal brand across the entire delivery and installation process
- Drive innovation and operational excellence around the techniques utilized for the installation of Tonal equipment in a diverse range of residential and commercial buildings, ensuring safe and successful installations
- Manage the 3PL network responsible for maintaining inventory. Modify and improve the network and provider partners to meet the changing needs of the business
- Oversee the service and repair of installed Tonal units, in consumer, retail, and commercial settings
- Develop a strong knowledge of Tonal brand, equipment and AI-powered software
- Develop managers and teammates. You manage with a coach mindset. You track and verify and provide deliberate direction. You create a team environment that promotes data-driven operational excellence, professional development, and accountability
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies that improve quality and service levels, customer satisfaction, and cost performance. You and your team will regularly develop and analyze operational data to understand opportunities for continuous improvementOrganize the team to effectively track and highlight trending issues. Partner with internal stakeholders to deliver feedback and accelerate root cause analysis and solutions
- Manage strategic as well as day to day relationships with vendors. This includes monitoring & communicating KPIs, readiness for new service initiatives and new product introductions, as well as standardizing services across Installers, Field Techs, and 3PL partners. Hold vendors accountable to contractual terms
- Source, vet, and onboard new partnerships in support of field operations. This includes executing RFPs, orientation programs, ongoing development/engagement exercises, and performance scorecards
- Partner closely with senior leaders in Manufacturing and Customer Care to align priorities for logistics and for field operations
Who You Are
- An experienced leader who cares as much about delivering a premium experience as running an efficient operation. You expect the best experience, but you also anticipate issues and proactively thwart them
- A strategic thinker with the skills to implement change and continuous improvement. You toggle between the high level vision and the detailed processes effortlessly. You embed yourself deeply in the operations to extract the insights needed for strategic improvement
- An operational wiz that has driven superior results for logistics and install/repair operations. A solid ground in process development/improvement, along with a willingness to embrace lean thinking, are critical. You understand the responsibility and intimacy of delivering a service in the Member’s home
- You have prior experience directly managing a white glove home delivery transportation and installation network. You have experience leading direct or indirect fulfillment networks including company operations and third party logistics companies. You have prior experience managing freight forwarders and international product movement
- You value metrics for ensuring process compliance and for measuring product quality in the field. You manage a large provider network and fleet of equipment through data dashboards you have configured to highlight key trends. You understand and can clearly articulate how backend processes impact the frontline Customer and Advocate experiences
- Experienced in support / logistics tools required to build reporting and workflows in support of daily operations. You understand how system development works, particularly from a frontline support standpoint, and you can anticipate when backend field operations need to be surfaced to frontlines
- A strong communicator with a commitment to quality. You deliver detailed information in a clear and concise way. You have hard conversations directly and confidently. You remain open to feedback and ask questions when expectations seem uncertain
- You develop managers and skip levels with a player-coach mindset
- Experienced in scaling operations at startups
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.