Senior Software Engineer (Platform)
Toronto, ON /
Technology – Software /
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
What You Will Do
- Design and develop our platform and services that run everything from video content distribution to fitness data analysis
- Provide guidance and support to engineers as needed
- Engage in requirements gathering, technical specification, and the design and development of complex services
- Work and interact with cross-functional teams (ie. Software, Firmware, Hardware, and Content) to define APIs and workflows
- Participate in the active development of an evolving consumer-oriented product
Who You Are
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in Golang or in-depth knowledge other programming language like Java, C++ or Python willing and able to learn quickly
- Experience contributing to design and architecture of microservices
- Experience with RDBMS, ideally Postgres & NoSQL datastores
- Experience designing, developing, and documenting RESTful APIs
- Previous success designing and implementing models for efficiently storing and retrieving data
- Experience building highly scalable, distributed systems with micro services; ideally deployed in Docker containers on Kubernetes
- Interest in working in a fast paced environment in the fitness industry
- Experience with media processing, transcoding, and streaming
- Experience with AWS and Cloud native solutions
- Experience with Android development
- Experience with Flutter development
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.