Director, Tonal Strength Institute
San Francisco, CA /
Programming & Research /
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for a thought leader and connector to help launch and oversee the Tonal Strength Institute (TSI). Through our advisory board and internal and external research partnerships, the TSI will become a credible authority in strength-related research, data analysis, and functional expertise. Backed by our world-class data and technology, your work will help us drive quality programming, deliver results for our members, and will help the TSI and Tonal at large become a source of cutting edge fitness and health knowledge throughout the wellness world. This position will report to our SVP of Programming & Research and can be based out of either San Francisco or Los Angeles, CA.
What You Will Do
- Establish a TSI Advisory Board of 8-10 experts in the field who will help establish our guiding principles-Develop a data-based approach to the study of Strength training and its impact on our customers
- Regularly evaluate our programs and content for adherence to our guiding principles
- Leverage the TSI Advisory Board as a key pillar of marketing communications to reinforce credibility, cutting edge knowledge, and functional expertise
- Help to publish white papers on latest advancements in Strength-related topics
- Educate consumers about why they should start a training program now, and how Tonal can help them on their journey
Who You Are
- 8+ Years working in the health and fitness space as a fitness professional including, but not limited to, roles as a communicator, connector, researcher, or fitness science professional
- Credentialed or with considerable experience in strength and conditioning (MS or Ph.D. in exercise science, physiology, or kinesiology; C.S.C.S. preferable)
- Science-obsessed communicator and voracious consumer of contemporary research and thought who enjoys asking - and helping to answer - the Big Questions
-Thought leader tapped in to emergent and existing channels for forward thinking wellness and strength topics
- A true connector, one who enjoys bringing together diverse perspectives toward a new consensus
- Team-focused leader who can pull a group together to funnel ambition toward impact
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and work simultaneously on multiple projects
- A zeal for evangelizing our mission to improve lives through our technology and content both internally and externally
- Very high attention-to-detail and organization
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.