Field Product Technician
Miami, FL /
Operations – Logistics & Field Operations /
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
The Field Product Technician is responsible for setting a high bar for quality in-home installation, tech services and customer experience across the Eastern United States. He/she ensures that all defined standard operating procedures (SOPs) are being executed properly by installation and tech service partners. This person also works to improve upon existing SOPs to raise the quality of service and improve upon our customer’s experience.
What You Will Do
- Improve in-home customer satisfaction (CSAT) and Net Promoter Scores (NPS) for the installation process and any other tech services
- Be a Tonal ambassador in our customer’s home by conducting a product introduction session with defined script
- Actively support installation teams in both individual and group environments through onboarding, development training and coaching
- Support the development of scorecards for use in evaluating delivery and installation execution
- Conduct regular reviews with appropriate Operations management and external logistics partners to share intelligence and insights gathered from the field
- Participate in analysis and corrective action for any service that may have led to a poor customer experience or posed a safety risk
- Create and maintain detailed time based activity mapping against defined installation operating procedures by auditing and participating in installations
- Conduct installation ride-behinds in assigned geography to ensure adherence to those time based installation SOPs
- Act as a resource to our installers about their questions concerning installation procedures, safety procedures, company resources; ensuring installation procedures and other documentation are clear, repeatedly communicated and observing adherence to and deviations by installers
- Pilot and develop documentation for recommended tools and trial new service techniques and tools before wide scale recommendations and adoption
- Attend the delivery and installation of product and improve SOP and supporting documentation consistent with observations of deviations from SOP and improvements to SOP developed by installers
- Monitor SOP adherence levels across regions/geographies and influence the allocation of work to installer partners based on performance with our Last Mile Logistics partners
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication to ensure the feedback loop required for continuous process improvement
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Tonal Care team to ensure consistent and engaged support of the Customer Experience
- Consider costs and budget for each activity and provide input for cost saving measures
- Work with the Customer Care Team to proactively determine the most appropriate visit to maximize NPS
Who You Are
- A highly ethical leader that projects confidence and customer empathy
- 1-2 years’ experience installing Consumer Electronics or Appliances in residential homes
- Must be 21 years of age and have a current, valid driver’s license with a clean driving record (no convictions in the last 3 years of DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, and no more than 2 moving violations or accidents)
- Must be willing to travel 60-80% across US locations
- Good communicator with same basic technical skills to explain Tonal trainer usage to customer
- Able to coach and influence people with indirect authority
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.