Senior Director, Global Supply Chain Management
San Francisco, CA /
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
The Senior Director of Global Supply Chain Management provides leadership, management, and vision necessary to develop and execute Tonal’s global supply chain plan. Working closely with the functional team, the Senior Director of Global Supply Chain Management will provide strategic direction for Tonal’s supply chain to develop a strategic approach to the corporate procurement and material management process for the purchase of direct materials, equipment, and services to support Tonal’s profitability and growth.
What You Will Do
- Set global strategy aligned to business needs, review and modify on a regular basis
- Define the global supply execution plan ensuring market competitiveness
- Maximize cost savings and value creation with all suppliers to improve profitability
- Along with other functions, identify and lead life cycle cost down projects
- Drive strategic inventory planning and execution, including opportunity management for large scale upside purchases and other hedges
- Negotiate and manage supplier relationships setting aggressive targets for product cost reduction to improve margins
- Responsible for providing expert-level knowledge of the supply base
- Implement multiple negotiation strategies pushing boundaries and taking calculated risks to enhance the P&L
- Diagnose and resolve complex issues and opportunities within business sourcing models bringing a fresh approach to existing practices
- Responsible for smoothing supply through working closely with engineering and suppliers in identifying long lead-time components and deploying associated purchasing strategies
- Maintain close, co-operative relationships with key internal customers including engineering, product development, logistics, manufacturing, demand and supply teams, sales & marketing
- Lead a team, providing coaching and development to direct reports
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in business or supply chain management, economics, finance, operations, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience with procurement, strategic sourcing, contract negotiations, supplier performance and risk management, cost savings, and other directly related experience in the consumer electronics market
- A minimum of 8 years of direct managerial experience required
- Possess considerable working knowledge of and experience with general purchasing, supplier performance and supply continuity risk management, supplier contracts and negotiations; and strong leadership and oversight of requirements for third party supplier management
- A high level of working knowledge of contract documentation, coordination, interpretation, legal implementations, and strategic sourcing processes and trends
- Have exceptionally sound judgment, decision-making abilities, management skills and the ability to influence others including key decision-makers across the enterprise
- Ability to manage and implement cost-savings initiatives
- Can successfully work in fast-paced, high growth environment – must be able to have fun while delivering superior results
- Energetic, forward-thinking individual who is excited to work in a creative yet business-driven environment
- Strategic, visionary thinker who has sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and operational focus
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.