Growth Marketing Manager (Search and Display)
Toronto, ON /
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for a detail-oriented growth marketer with experience driving acquisition through paid search, as well as other Google Ad properties (Shopping, GDN, Youtube, etc). The ideal candidate must be able to understand performance data and derive actionable insights that will help optimize strategies across our search & display programs. The Growth Marketing Manager (Search & Display) will be a member of the Growth Team, which has ownership of driving Tonal adoption and sales. A successful Growth Marketing Manager (Search & Display) will identify opportunities for new revenue generation, build data-driven hypotheses for improving marketing performance, and execute tests to prove them right or wrong. They will work directly with the growth and broader marketing team to offer strategic insights into the performance of the marketing and sales funnels. This role will manage an Associate Growth Marketing Manager, who will be able to help with the day-to-day execution of all search and Google Ads campaigns. This role is based in Toronto, Ontario and will report to the Associate Director of Growth Marketing in San Francisco, CA.
What You Will Do
- Own Tonal’s search & display strategies, playing a key role in bringing our program in-house (previously managed by an external agency)
- Directly manage an Associate Growth Marketer, overseeing the day-to-day execution and management of all Google Ads properties, with a heavy emphasis on Search and Shopping
- Ability to manage and execute in-platform real-time optimizations aligned to CPA efficiencies
- Manage spend and daily pacing, build monthly media plans, measure performance in detailed weekly readouts for executive team
- Help establish and achieve KPIs, including traffic, revenue, CAC, ROAS, and efficiencies
- Provide weekly readouts on performance against KPIs to internal growth marketing team
- Run effective, data-driven testing to determine the potential success of new channels
- Work with our Marketing Analytics team to measure the impact of every campaign, identifying success KPIs for each channel and strategy
- Research and leverage industry trends and competitive analysis to inform marketing strategies
Who you are:
- 3 - 5 years of experience running Search/Google Ads campaigns and associated reporting
- Deep experience running Google Ads campaigns, with a emphasis on search
- Bonus points for experience with other platforms (Bing, native, etc)
- Testing mindset with a proven track record of executing A/B tests, optimizing campaigns and translating data into insights
- Familiarity with all digital marketing metrics including CTR, CPC, CPM, CAC, ROAS, etc.
- Strong Excel skills with experience building pivot tables and analysing performance trends
- Experience using BI tools such as Looker and/or Tableau
- Extreme attention to detail and commitment to flawless execution
- Excellent communication and project/task management skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced start-up environment, where there can be frequent changes in process, strategy, and team structures
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.