NPI & Product Sustaining Engineer | 新產品/生產工程師
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
We are looking for a passionate Manufacturing engineer to join the manufacturing organization. The goal of the New Product Introduction and Product Sustaining Engineer is to provide manufacturing engineering support for Tonal’s new and sustaining products developed at Tonal’s contract manufacturers and with various supply chain partners.
What You Will Do
- Work with Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain partners and CM's to develop and qualify tools, fixtures, assembly and test equipment, develop processes, DFM and DOE proposals
- Ensure NPI project meet deadlines, quality and reliability targets
- Drive the DFx activities at suppliers and CM's
- Drive the development builds at suppliers and CM’s
- Ensure smooth transition from New Product Introduction to mass production
- Ensure suppliers and CM's meet quality and productivity targets for all sustaining products
- Drive the line failure analysis and solution implementation at all suppliers and CM's
- Drive continuous process improvement at all suppliers and CM's with systematic methods – SPC, DOE, etc.
- Support cost reduction and yield improvement activities
- Work with Engineering, Supply chain managers, and Quality to qualify new suppliers and CM's
- Communicate cost and schedule impacts of manufacturing operations
- Understand how to drive yield studies, review FAI/CpK data, develop and qualify CMF requirements
- Work with Engineering, QA, and Field Service team to drive the field failure analysis and reduce DOA (dead on arrival) and ELF (early life failure)
Who You Are
- 5+ years of in-house and outsourced consumer electronics quality/manufacturing experience
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of SolidWorks
- Experience in EMS/ODM
- Knowledge of mechanical, electro-mechanical fabrication, tools, assembly, and test operations
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with Asia supply chains
- Experience within a hyper-growth startup preferred
- Knowledge of Statistics, Spreadsheet, PLM and ERP system
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Experience with strategic projects and analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Hands-on problem solver
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Familiar with manufacturing processes such as injection molding, CNC (milling, lathing), forming (stamping, forging, die casting, wax-casting), surface finishing and coatings, and assembly.
- Good understanding of Mechanical Design, GD&T, Failure Analysis, DOE, SPC, Statistical Analysis, and Metrology equipment
- Demonstrated capability to collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, supply chain, quality, and third-party vendors
- Experience driving product design using Design for Manufacturing (DFM) methods to ensure robust manufacturability, yields, cost reduction and ability to scale
- Good knowledge of designing and reviewing tooling, fixtures, and semi-automated equipment
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally at a short notice
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.