Director, Hardware Program Management
San Francisco, CA /
Program Management /
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
The Director of HW Program Management will introduce appropriate processes and provide oversight for multiple complex HW product initiatives that require cross-functional team alignment across the company. They will lead release and resource planning, manage major events, and ensure that features are successfully delivered to market on schedule while meeting business and quality metrics.
You are a hands-on, senior technical leader with a strong program management background, data-driven, strategic approach to problem-solving. You have the ability to influence leaders across different business and functional teams. You have demonstrated examples of successfully program managing major initiatives and delivering consumer products to market. You have proven your ability to establish credibility at the executive level and experience gaining consensus and approval for product planning efforts across multiple functional leaders.
What You Will Do
- Develop and continually refine processes to ensure the effective and efficient execution.
- Foster a culture of data-driven program management.
- Drive execution of complex programs
- Lead interdisciplinary teams through the productization of a concept
- Drive and motivate the cross-functional team to deliver the product(s) as per the agreed-to requirements and cross-functionally manage other internal team members
- Responsible for creating all project plans
- Communicate the status of the program to the Executive Team, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical or related or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules
- Proficient at creating and tracking complex development schedules, managing issues and tracking bugs
- Possess an ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a timely manner
- Experience managing the introduction of new technologies
- Solid understanding of product development lifecycles
- Strong understanding of technical requirements for technology integration
- Hands-on experience at overseas manufacturing facilities
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with Agile program management
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.