Staff iOS Software Engineer
Toronto, ON /
Technology – Software /
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Tonal is looking for a passionate software engineer with expertise in iOS development to play a key role leading the development of our consumer-facing iOS and Flutter applications. In this role, you will help establish a technical roadmap, paving a path forward for our ambitious Apple Watch and mobile apps. You will work with product managers, designers, and a cross-functional group of engineers to design and develop the best fitness apps on the market today.
If you have a high bar for user interfaces and user experience and love to solve challenging problems with creative architectures, Tonal is the place for you. You'll join a highly collaborative, cross-functional team working as part of an agile development process to regularly release new software that works closely with our unique and custom hardware products. This position can be based out of our headquarters in San Francisco, Toronto, or remotely.
What You Will Do
- Lead the development of complex features on our Apple Watch app and native features within our Flutter mobile app
- Manage the technical architecture of our Apple Watch app
- Help make software architecture designs to pave the way for long-term growth
- Support other team members in their professional development through code reviews and professional mentorship
Who You Are
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience in iOS software development, including Apple Watch
- Previous success developing and releasing professional mobile apps
- Experience working within agile development processes that include a regular release cycle
- Very strong attention to detail, both in code and in visual design
- Team player, interested in working collaboratively to be greater than the sum of our parts
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science
- Experience in Flutter software development
- Experience in video software development
- Experience with Apple Health and/or Google Fit
- Experience in tvOS software development
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.