Los Angeles, CA /
Programming & Research /
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for a world-class editorial leader to help create and unify our editorial voice and viewpoint across platforms, helping Tonal become a source of cutting edge fitness and health knowledge throughout the wellness world. Charged with oversight of our Tonal.com editorial strategies as well as our long-form storytelling initiatives including editorial video and podcasts, the Editorial Director helps to educate members and prospects while elevating the Tonal brand and our science-driven approach to strength and conditioning throughout the industry.
What You Will Do
- Establish an editorial strategy that helps elevate the Tonal brand, educating existing members and raises awareness of Tonal’s world-class technology in the larger audience
- Develop a network of writers with expertise in areas such as sport science, nutrition, strength, and beyond-Develop internal and external franchises and tentpoles we can build and own as sub-brands
- Build out our “always on” content strategy with an eye toward eventual reopening of our offices in San Francisco and Toronto
- Partner cross-functionally to develop non-exercise informational content that will add value to our members’ journeys
- Partner with our brand marketing colleagues to deliver the Tonal message through lifestyle content
- Partner with colleagues in the Strength Institute to help leverage our partners and members in the sports and research communities
Who You Are
- 8+ Years working in editorial roles touching science, technology, health, and fitness
- Experience assigning and editing with a team of internal and external contributors
- Understanding of scientific and technical principles; communicating complex phenomena in a conversational way is a must
- Visual thinker who can help to bring stories to life with our partners in creative
- Experienced social storyteller who thrives on collaboration with colleagues running e-mail newsletter, search, and social and community channels
- Science-obsessed; capable of poring over scientific abstracts to identify promising new avenues of research
-Thought leader tapped in to emergent and existing channels for forward thinking wellness and strength topics
- Team-focused leader who can pull a group together to funnel ambition toward impact
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and work simultaneously on multiple projects
- A zeal for evangelizing our mission to improve lives through our technology and content both internally and externally.
- Very high attention to detail and organization
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.