Senior Backend Engineer (Golang)
Toronto, ON /
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
What You Will Do
- Design and develop our platform and services that run everything from video content distribution to fitness data analysis using Golang
- Provide guidance and support to engineers as needed
- Engage in requirements gathering, technical specification, and the design and development of complex services
- Work and Interact with cross functional teams, software, firmware, hardware and content to define APIs and workflows
- Participate in the active development of an evolving consumer-oriented product
Who You Are
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Expertise in Golang with in-depth knowledge other programing language like Java, C++ or Python willing and able to learn quickly
- Experience contributing to design and architecture of microservices
- Experience with RDBMS, ideally Postgres & NoSQL datastores
- Experience designing, developing, and documenting RESTful APIs
- Previous success designing and implementing models for efficiently storing and retrieving data
- Experience building highly scalable, distributed systems with micro services; ideally deployed in Docker containers on Kubernetes
- Interest in working in a fast paced environment in the fitness industry
- Experience with media processing, transcoding, and streaming
- Experience with AWS and Cloud native solutions
- Experience with Android development
- Experience with Flutter development
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.