Operations Program Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
What You'll Do
- Lead the operations and supply chain core team resources, in supporting the entire product development through launch process
- Define and manage Manufacturing Operations development project schedules to deliver operational goals including cost, quality and time to market requirements
- Provide timely communications and updates throughout the organization, raising key issues and options for resolution with executive teams and other key stakeholders
- Collaborate with technical teams to establish clear, objective, and quantitative success criteria by which operational program execution is measured and tracked
- Develop the manufacturing and supply chain strategy for product launch, and lead all aspects of development/execution through hand-off to the manufacturing team
- Influence product manufacturability, testability, and supply chain design in pursuit of meeting targeted cost, quality, flexibility, and lead time goals
- Establish and implement supply readiness to ensure material availability, quality and cost to support ramp up to full production volumes
- Partner closely with commercial teams such as marketing and customer success during new product roll-out and ramp up
- Implement and track risk assessment and risk mitigation activities throughout the life of the program
- Lead cross-functional teams in conducting postmortem reviews following product launch to gather and communicate key learnings for continuous improvement
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain or manufacturing for a hardware device company with a demonstrated track record of leadership in execution of large-scale programs managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Management, or related field
- Experience in global supply chain/manufacturing positions with relevant knowledge of contract manufacturing and supplier commodity management
- Proven ability to influence peers and cross-functional teams, facilitate agreement among stakeholders with different interests
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal across multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in quickly adapting and learning new technologies and creating a solid understanding of operational challenges of complex systems
- Experience dealing with ambiguity, operating in a high-growth environment, and facilitating actions and resolving conflicts with limited oversight.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Exceptional communication skills; collaborative work style and strong people skills
- Proven track record managing multiple projects, and the ability to flex quickly as required by evolving priorities
- Ability to balance attention to detail with a sense of urgency, and the need to, at times, execute quickly
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.