Senior DevOps Engineer
Toronto, ON /
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for a highly communicative and organized DevOps Engineer to drive and manage our cloud infrastructure. Support a talented group of developers, use cutting-edge technology, and ensure that customers are up and workout out around the clock.
What You’ll Do
- Enhance services running in Kubernetes to horizontally scale and self-heal in the face of network disruptions
- Collaborate with engineering teams to provide self-service frameworks that ensure the platform stability, security, reduce risk, and control cost
- Work throughout the full infrastructure including design, architecture, capacity planning, monitoring, alerting, security, scaling, failover, and recovery
- Ensure site uptime and performance SLAs are met
- Collaborate with the broader engineering team on new feature rollouts
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
- Be on periodic on-call duty to support the infrastructure and application
Who You Are
- 7+ years of experience supporting production cloud infrastructure (must include AWS) and software development toolsets and processes.
- 5+ years of experience monitoring production web applications, responding to issues, and improving performance and reliability (Prometheus, ElasticSearch)
- 3+ years of experience with Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration-as-Code (Terraform)
- 3+ years of experience with modern Software Development practices, including automated build, tests, and deployment (Jenkins)
- 3+ years of experience supporting production Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong understanding of web service fundamentals, such as HTTP/S, SSL/TLS, TCP/UDP, performance monitoring, caching, load balancing, and logging.
- Demonstrates excellent team and cross-functional collaboration, exhibiting professionalism and empathy for other functional groups within the business.
- Problem solver, self-starter, and critical thinker who can keep an open mind and stay relevant by continually educating themselves
Nice to have
- Professional Experience with contributing to applications written in Go.
- Experience deploying Machine Learning models, or infrastructure for ML Training.
- Experience with CI/CD Systems such as for example: Argo, ArgoCD, Tekton, etc.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases.
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.