Senior Data Scientist
Toronto, ON /
Who We Are
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
What You Will Do
- Architect and build AI and machine learning systems
- Provide expert input on architecture of Tonal's data collection, analytics, infrastructure, and learning systems
- Identify innovative opportunities for data-driven features
- Use accelerometers and gyroscopes to detect users' weightlifting form
- Develop algorithm to recommended weights to users over time
- Improve real-time rep and set detection from time-series data
- Analyze user behavior and engagement to inform feature roadmap and marketing
- Implement algorithms in conjunction with embedded, front-end, and back-end teams
Who You Are
- Advanced degree in mathematical field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years data science experience
- Knowledge of machine learning and signal processing algorithms
- Knowledge of data filtering, and cleansing techniques
- Strong knowledge of Python and one of Java, C/C++, Kotlin, or Go
- Working knowledge of backend software development, including RESTful APIs and SQL
- Team player with high integrity
- Open to feedback and constantly striving to improve
- High degree of self-awareness
- Experience with gyros and accelerometers, computer vision, or control theory
- Experience as a software engineer
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.