Director, Financial Systems
San Francisco, CA
Operations – Business Technology & PMO /
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
As the Director of Financial Systems, you will be the functional lead and systems owner of Tonal’s Business Systems that enable the Financial management of the business. This will include projects, programs, and system infrastructure for our Finance and Accounting teams, where you will facilitate the planning and execution of business changes through the use of process optimization and technology.
This leader should have the business acumen and communication skills to shape, articulate, and execute a cohesive strategy. You will drive both strategic and tactical projects including daily issue remediation, supporting the business with project request intake activities, and educating and communicating system capabilities applicable to the business stakeholders. You will work closely with the Finance team to create an ongoing joint Roadmap that will be incorporated into the overall Business Technology Roadmap.
The role will be based in San Francisco or Toronto and report directly to the VP, Business Technology.
What You Will Do
- Own Financial systems roadmap, translation to incremental steps and overall program management to accomplish system evolution, including proactive communications and updates to leadership
- Drive strategy and relationships with business stakeholders (in particular Tonal's Finance, Operations, and Revenue teams), providing perspective and thought leadership for optimal financial solutions, setting clear expectations, guiding teams to scalable solutions, defining solutions to meet business needs, and pushing back when necessary
- Translate Finance domain understanding and business needs into technical requirements and work closely with the Business Technology integrations and development team to implement changes or resolve problems
- Identify risks, issues, and opportunities to improve business efficiency with clear communications to leadership
- Manage prioritization of backlog, inbound requests, and bug management to enable a balance of development resources and on-time execution of business needs
- Understand enterprise system architecture, proactively identifying gaps and defining resolution plans
- Drive Best Practices in the organization for system functionality and ways of working, including development life cycles, requirements management, automation, documentation, metrics and system verification & validation
- Provide domain expertise and mentorship to Business Technology team members in system solutions, data management, best practices, and technology
Who You Are
- 10 + years in Financial systems management role with direct responsibility for Financial for day-to-day support, strategic planning and project implementation
- Netsuite implementation experience for Financial Management end to end (business requirements, scalability, including production deployments)
- Experience building Financial System Roadmaps, from team-built business requirements including projects for revenue recognition, automation, financial close processes, physical inventory management, and complex order management
- Excellent problem solver with the patience to ensure information gathered from the business is accurate and agreed upon
- Must be an independent, self-driven, solution-oriented professional, that can identify issues and take responsibility for the solution
- Willingness to roll up sleeves, dig into problems and bring them to resolution within a flat organization
- Process-oriented with strong Project Management skills and ability to define workflows, plan, execute, and document
- Experience managing vendor and contract negotiations
- Ability to present complex ideas to the leadership team and business counterparts
The range of base salary for the position is between $220,000 - $250,000 USD plus equity and benefits. We take into consideration an individual’s background, experience, and location in determining their salary. This role is also eligible for health insurance, retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, flexible paid time off, parental leave, and other additional benefits.
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.