Mobile Engineer (Flutter)
New York, NY /
Technology – Software /
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvented strength training, making it more efficient, more effective, and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
This position can be based out of our headquarters in San Francisco, Toronto, New York, Los Angeles, Austin or remotely.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with our product and design team to build new features on our mobile Flutter application
- Contribute to the development of complex features
- Help make software architecture decisions to pave the way for long-term growth
Who You Are
- Strong foundational understanding of software engineering, including architecting user interfaces, managing application state, and interacting with APIs
- Independent learner, capable of acquiring new skills by researching, reading, and asking questions about new technologies
- Very strong attention to detail, both in code and in visual design
- Team player, interested in working collaboratively to become greater than the sum of our parts
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science
- Experience in Flutter, iOS, and/or Android software engineering
- Previous success developing and releasing professional mobile apps
- Experience working within agile development processes that include a regular release cycle
- Experience in video software development
- Experience with Apple Health and/or Google Fit
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, email@example.com. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.