Retail Sales Specialist (part-time)
Palo Alto, CA /
Marketing – Retail /
Who We Are
Tonal is the smartest home gym and personal trainer. It has completely revolutionized the way people work out at home, with its sleek design and advanced A.I. technology. We’ve united a diverse team of experts and decades of research to reinvent strength training, making it more efficient, more effective and more engaging.
With this in mind, we want to bring that same innovative approach to the workplace. At Tonal, we continue our shift of emphasis by growing our instrumental team. We collectively weave our knowledge and creativity, as we redefine the future of fitness. We are passionate about building products that transform lives, and building teams that transform the status quo. Together, we can be our strongest.
Tonal is looking for a Retail Sales Specialist for our Stanford Shopping Center retail store. In this role, you will report to the Showroom Leader and will be instrumental in creating Tonal’s excellent customer experience. You will set the bar for the team in our first showroom, recruiting, motivating and leading your team to exceed sales goals, and connecting with the local community. If you’re passionate about fitness, dedicated to operational excellence, and have a high bar for customer experience, Tonal is the place for you.
What You Will Do
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of Tonal’s product, technology and brand image
- Focus on activities to meet and exceed individual and team business goals
- Model and educate your team on how to build and develop exceptional customer service creating impactful in-store experiences that deliver sales
- Work on initiatives assigned by the Showroom Leader, including recruiting, training, and event planning
- Utilize Salesforce to maintain client information to drive our business and facilitate customer support
- Conduct phone and/or email outreach to clients to communicate updates, offers and follow-ups
Who You Are
- High school graduate or equivalent
- History of sales experience, with demonstrated ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- Experience sourcing, training and retaining sales talent
- Familiarity with the local market, and ability to network and build community relationships
- Professional, enthusiastic, and hardworking, with strong customer focus
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Proficiency with Apple Products and Salesforce preferred
At Tonal, we believe that the unique and varied lived experiences of our teammates contribute to our overall strength. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, and we always seek people that represent a wide variety of backgrounds. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and designing employee experiences that contribute to your growth as much as you do to ours. If your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), send us your application. We would love to hear from you!
Tonal is committed to meeting the diverse needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity. Should you have any accommodation requests, please reach out to us via our confidential email, firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be addressed and responded to in accordance with Tonal’s Accessibility Policy and local legislation.